downloaded content - watched status

johoja12

johoja12

When I watch something that is synced for offline playback/downloaded. I noticed the watched status doesn't get updated on the main library item until I manually set it to watched.

Is that expected?

Hi, it will report the watch status to the server, but not immediately, rather during the next background sync process. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

johoja12

Hi, it will report the watch status to the server, but not immediately, rather during the next background sync process. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Thanks is there a way to check when the last sync was done? - might be usefull to add a refresh icon/time stamp in the downloads screen?

There isn't a way to check but yes that's a good idea. But whenever you play downloaded content, the next sync will be shortly after that.

• 4 weeks later...
johoja12

Hey - so I’ve been trying this and it doesn’t it seem to work and it’s definitely been through a few sync cycles. The content does not get marked watched if it was a downloaded / synced episode.

It then also never deleted automatically from the iPad (set to only sync unwatched content)

This is server on Mac and client is iPad.

johoja12

Hi, are you sure you watched the whole episode?

Yes - it seems if i watch shows in the 'Downloads' section they don't reflect later as watched once I'm off the airplane and connected back onto the internet.

If i watch downloaded content with internet access, via the "TV Shows" section instead of the Downloads section - it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

deleted :)

Edited by jordy