Emby Mobile/Web App - Make the bottom bar consistent

Richard Branches

Richard Branches
On 10/23/2021 at 4:04 AM, neik said:

Misunderstanding here, I guess.

What I meant was, that I have to move my thumb (not scrolling!) over the whole screen to the cog in the top right corner whereas before I could easily use the bottom right corner without cramping my fingers...

Right...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 1:33 AM, Luke said:

I think putting Favorites down there could work.

What about giving the user the option to decide what he wants to have down there instead of you playing around with it?
That would eventually be a sustainable implementation of this...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, neik said:

What about giving the user the option to decide what he wants to have down there instead of you playing around with it?
That would eventually be a sustainable implementation of this...

Yes ultimately but we will have to consider what the ideal defaults are.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, Luke said:

Yes ultimately but we will have to consider what the ideal defaults are.

Even though I might agree that some options are more suitable than others for "ideal defaults" I still question doubt that is step 1.

For me step 1 would be making it configurable based on users requirements so the user can decide what the actual "ideal defaults" are for him/her.
You won't make everyone happy with your defaults but if the user has the possibility to change whatever the defaults are he can make himself happy...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 30/11/2021 at 12:37, neik said:

Even though I might agree that some options are more suitable than others for "ideal defaults" I still question doubt that is step 1.

For me step 1 would be making it configurable based on users requirements so the user can decide what the actual "ideal defaults" are for him/her.
You won't make everyone happy with your defaults but if the user has the possibility to change whatever the defaults are he can make himself happy...

+1000!

please let us customize this, I've just switched from Plex and that's the first disappointment i encounter.

Edited by murl0c