"Played" flag

joncy92

Ello,

I've installed Emby into a BSD Jail on FreeNAS, and I'm using Kodi as my players on a few devices. Everything is working perfectly with Kodi using native player (path substituted) and downlading thumbnails etc.

Now - when I start playing some content, whether via Kodi or Emby web player, it's marking the "played" status on Emby. Is there any way to configure the "played" flag to only update once the content reaches something like 95% played, similar to how Kodi does it? 

Thanks. 

Happy2Play

Go to Dashboard-Library, in each library "Show Advanced Settings"  and scroll down you will see the Playback options.

If it's doing this right when you start playing, then it's likely because the content doesn't have a runtime in emby server. Are these video files?

If it's doing this right when you start playing, then it's likely because the content doesn't have a runtime in emby server. Are these video files?

They are video files, yes.

When I play the file on Kodi and look at the Emby dashboard, the content shows there playing with (time) / --:--:--

Edit: Kodi is displaying the video's actual runtime

Go to Dashboard-Library, in each library "Show Advanced Settings"  and scroll down you will see the Playback options.

Thanks - I checked that out and it's set to what I assume are the defaults: Resume %: 5, Max Resume %: 90, Min duration: 120.

Edited by joncy92

So that means either the initial library scan hasn't completed it, you may have cancelled it, or there was a problem probing the file. Try using the 3-dot menu to refresh the metadata and see if this pulls in a runtime. If it doesn't, please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

So that means either the initial library scan hasn't completed it, you may have cancelled it, or there was a problem probing the file. Try using the 3-dot menu to refresh the metadata and see if this pulls in a runtime. If it doesn't, please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

https://pastebin.com/YhZnnL0K

Ran the scan about line 2656. 

I can see there's ffprobe errors...not that I'd know what to do about it lol.

Cheers

Edit: Followed this post and it's now showing me the runtimes after refreshing metadata again:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/78925-freenas-jail-shared-object-libx265so179-not-found/?p=803712

Thanks all for the help!

Edited by joncy92