Disable Chapter Display on Shield TV

archiel

I would like to be able to disable the chapter placeholders on my Shield TV.

I have not enabled chapter thumbnails in either my TV or Movie libraries and when I look at a film or episode (before playing), on the server (windows), a windows desktop, tv (Samsung smart tv) or my phone (android) I just see 

Movie Info                         Episode Info

Cast & Crew                      More from season ...

More Like This                  Cast & Crew

Media Info                         Media Info

However in Emby for Android TV I also have a block of Chapter placeholders - can I / how do I remove these from the film/episode screens?

Hi.  There is currently no option to do this.  I suppose we should probably hide them if there are no images but, honestly, I don't really think the lack of images detracts from the utility of the chapter points themselves and, if I remove this, I'm sure some people will be in here asking what happened to their chapters...

While I can see the chapter points can be useful in playback (and they are still available there) I would ask that it should be the users choice if they are visible when simply looking at a Movie or an Episode before playback. 

As mentioned initially, the chapter placeholders are NOT shown in Android for Mobile, Windows, Samsung Smart TV or IOS (iPad), the only device I have that does have them is the Shield TV, so I would hope that it would be relatively straightforward to either remove or create a toggle to allow users to have the screen experience that they would prefer.

Edited by archiel
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fully agree with previous comment. It does not look nice on tv when these chapters are empty.

Edited by RS43
  • Like 3

Spaceboy

While it may not look appealing if you don’t have images (you could get some images!), surely it’s still functional?

Spaceboy

Also the chapter markers are definitely shown in both iOS and web client so not sure why you wouldn’t be seeing them there

While it may not look appealing if you don’t have images (you could get some images!), surely it’s still functional?

This is very server extensive

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
twistedvincent

I too have a Shield TV and came here looking for the same option. I don't use or want chapter creation anywhere and in many instances it hinders FF & RW navagation.

• Agree 2

pgalbavy

Where there are actual, real chapters in a film then even without images they may be useful, but for the auto-interval "chapter every 5 minutes" with no images? Useless.

and in many instances it hinders FF & RW navagation.

The chapters are going to be there whether we show them or not.  Exactly how do they hinder navigation?

twistedvincent

Sorry, my mistake.  The navigation errors are STILL, after 3 months of having the new Shield TV due to Emby not working properly with my USB to toslink adapter. Everything still runs smoothly using Shield TV 2017 but not the new pro.  I've installed many hotfixes ( the last of which actually made the problem worse) and am at my wits end.