Changing emby user logged in easily

Red5ive

Red5ive

I'm using emby for kodi and embuary skin but cant see a way to easily flip between my 2 emby users profiles.

Under the emby for kodi settings login method is set to emby connect.

When I start up kodi I get the emby for kodi welcome box pop up saying 'welcome Steve, Hayley' and my profile pic (Steve) is shown in the top right of the header bar but I can see no way to flip between the profiles. Is that possible?

• Like 1

Red5ive

Ah I see. Is there a guide to setting it up somewhere?

Does Emby for Kodi then sync them between the two apps, play states, favorites etc?

How do you go between the profiles using a remote?

Angelblue05

It will sync the content for that user, based on what that Emby user has access to, in Emby.

To setup additional profiles, kodi settings > profiles > Create a new profile, always starting fresh.

Then you can set in your keymap.xml file the following

LoadProfile(Master user) and replace Master user with the profile name.

Once you load the Kodi profile (via shortcut or in profiles > context menu on the new profile > load), Emby for Kodi will start up the process, you sign in using the appropriate Emby user and setup up Emby for Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Red5ive

When setting up a new profile in kodi do you keep the media info and media sources options to 'separate' or 'shares with default'

When you say start fresh do you mean for both settings and media sources?  If starting fresh for both will I need to setup embuary and all the plugins again from scratch?

Red5ive

So in the emby for kodi settings, under the 'Users added to session -> permanent users I have added my second profile for Hayley and on start up the emby welcome message says 'welcome Steve & Hayley'.

My understanding is that that was supposed to sync watch states and 'continue watching' status for both users but it seems to only be doing it for the primary one?

Will this also sync favorites?

Basically Kodi is being used on the main TV screen in the living room and 90% of the things we watch there we watch together so we can get away with having the one profile, and least setup and switching if it can sync things to both kodi profiles which we use on our personal devices. Is that possible?