I have to exit the app every time I finish a movie

crusher11

crusher11

Watching on my LG TV. Not sure if it applies elsewhere.

Every time I finish watching a movie, it proves unable to load anything. It gets back to the movie page fine, and I can then back out to, in this case, the collection from which I found the movie. But when I click on the next movie I just get a grey screen with the first movie's logo in the corner.

The log attached in my "unable to resume" thread should include this occurring after I watched Richard III.

@@SamES

crusher11

I have a thread in General about being unable to resume. That log should also contain the information relevant to this issue. Posting from my phone so I can't attach it here and my other post is pretty easy to find.

This is probably all the same thing. It looks like you just have some files that the lg video player is having trouble with. I would suggest reencoding them.

crusher11

They already do play successfully. I can watch the whole movie just fine.

The problem comes when I go to select the next movie. I can't load its movie page on Emby. The encoding of the video file is utterly irrelevant.

Watching on my LG TV. Not sure if it applies elsewhere.

Every time I finish watching a movie, it proves unable to load anything. It gets back to the movie page fine, and I can then back out to, in this case, the collection from which I found the movie. But when I click on the next movie I just get a grey screen with the first movie's logo in the corner.

The log attached in my "unable to resume" thread should include this occurring after I watched Richard III.

@@SamES

I can't reproduce this with the sample you have provided me in the other thread.  Should that file cause this issue as well?  

Do you also have this issue for files that playback and seek normally, or only for files like the one you provided?  Are you saying this happens for every movie?  

Can you confirm which version of the LG app your are using?  I assume it's the latest (1.0.20)?

Edited by SamES

crusher11

Yeah it's the latest. I don't know if it's file specific, it happened with two movies made from DVDs via MakeMKV. Episodes I tend to just let run on their own.

Is it possible I got disconnected somehow and it reconnected remotely, therefore just taking forever to load?

See if you can try to determine if it is just movies or if you can reproduce it with episodes. You might have to turn off the feature to automatically start the next episode. Try and determine also if it is all movies or just specific ones.

If you can narrow it down and give me some scenarios that cause problems, you can send me a file and I can try and reproduce.

crusher11

@@SamES Watched about a minute of the 1988 Royal Rumble. Backed out to the library screen. Tried to watch a bit of the 1989 Royal Rumble...grey screen. Had to turn the TV off and back on again to be able to access anything.

embyserver.txt

So if you try and play 1989 Royal Rumble after freshly loading the app, does it play correctly or do you still get a grey screen?

Edit: If you turn on debug logging option on the server before trying this, there will be more useful stuff in there for me.

Edited by SamES

I couldn't even get to the page for the 1989 Rumble to try and start playback.

So even when you restart the App, you can’t load that file? Try rescanning that file from the server and make sure to replace all metadata and images

crusher11

It loads fine. What I'm saying is that when the issue occurs I can't even load the movie page, so the issue is nothing to do with the file.

It loads fine. What I'm saying is that when the issue occurs I can't even load the movie page, so the issue is nothing to do with the file.

OK, that's good.  I'm just trying to understand if it is a file issue (it appears not) or something that occurs most/every time after playing a another file (sounds more like this case)

I've not seen this before, and I haven't been able to reproduce it.  I'm also not aware of any other reports of this issue, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

If you haven't already, you could try completely uninstalling the app from the TV, power cycle the TV and try installing it again from the LG content store.  This will at least clear out the applications internal storage on the TV as there may be something that is corrupt.

Do you get any other 'LG' error messages such as 'Out of memory' errors when the app hangs?

crusher11

No. But when I backed out of the 89 Rumble (which was just a grey screen) to the library screen, and then went to turn the TV off, I'm fairly sure I heard the Rumble theme start playing. So I'm not sure if I'd somehow got connected remotely instead of locally, meaning it was just taking forever to load. Not sure if there's anything in the log that would indicate that.

SamES

If you haven't already, you could try completely uninstalling the app from the TV, power cycle the TV and try installing it again from the LG content store. This will at least clear out the applications internal storage on the TV as there may be something that is corrupt.

Did you try this?

Power cycling refers to the act of turning a device or piece of electrical or electronic equipment off, or otherwise disconnecting it from its power source, and then turning it back on again. Often this is done to computers, modems (to reset network activity) or other electronic equipment to correct a frozen, hung or otherwise malfunctioning device. Depending on the device, manufacturers often recommend leaving the device powered off for five to 30 seconds (sometimes longer) before restarting.

Power cycling is also known as off-on test or power cycle. Similar or associated terms include soft reboot, random reboot, automatic reboot and quick boot.