Backup Plugin not restoring library properly

Dibbes

dcol

In the perspective library folder.  It is a empty file.

example

5eced221d61ea_library.jpg

Ok, thanks. How did you figure that one out? You don't have to answer that. I will get on it

Happy2Play

Ok, thanks. How did you figure that one out? You don't have to answer that. I will get on it

Original installation still has these files and over time Luke has tried to eliminate them.  But we are still seeing the side effects on new vs old backups as all old systems will not have a problem, only newer.

Original - .mblink are depreciated, still bugs to work out on .collection

5eced4a2d19cc_old.jpg

dcol

Worked perfectly. Thanks. I didn't even have to recreate any libraries.

• 2 weeks later...
JaScoMa

Hello..

Last night we had some storms run through and had a few power losses and brown-outs.  Afterwards, my Emby box (the RockPro64) would not come back; it would power up but no network connectivity, etc.  Think the OS got corrupted.

Anyway, ended up wiping it, reinstalling DietPI and installed the latest Beta Emby server.  During the initial setup of Emby, I didn't add any of my libraries.  Added my premiere key and started the restore of everything from the latest backup (midnight the night before and previously was running the latest beta).

Today, I'm running through things to make sure everything looks and works well, noticed that a movies library is showing the thumbnail of the movie instead of the primary photo for the latest movies listing. 

Via the web interface it's fine.  But when viewing on the Shield client, it shows up as the thumbnail; thumbnail photo and wide. On a Roku beta client, it shows the primary photo with with width of the thumbnail view.

Any ideas?

Thank you..

P.S.  This happened to me once before during a restore and I ended up having to remove and re-add the library; even though I like the thumbnail view for the latest movies (even put in a feature request for it :)).

Edited by JaScoMa

Hi.  Check the library definition.  It may have been changed to "Mixed Content" and you want it to be "Movies".

JaScoMa
12 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Check the library definition.  It may have been changed to "Mixed Content" and you want it to be "Movies".

Where do I do that?  If I try to change the media type, it says I have to remove then re-add the library.  Going into the settings of the library, it shows the normal "Movie" media type settings.

Also, when looking at the server backup file, under the folder for this particular library, it only has "options.xml" as it's file.  Where-as the other movie libraries show a ".collections", ".mblink" and "poster.jpg" files.  The only other media type which only has the "options.xml" file is a Music media type.

Thank you.

JaScoMa

@Happy2Play 

I created a movies.collection blank file in the folder (chown emby:emby; chmod 755), but after re-scanning the library and a server restart, it still shows the library as mixed.

Tried copying the options.xml file from a "Movie" folder to this, edited it with the proper settings and tried a library scan again.  Again, no matter what it shows the library as mixed mode.

Thank you..

Happy2Play
Just now, JaScoMa said:

@Happy2Play 

I created a movies.collection blank file in the folder (chown emby:emby; chmod 755), but after re-scanning the library and a server restart, it still shows the library as mixed.

Tried copying the options.xml file from a "Movie" folder to this, edited it with the proper settings and tried a library scan again.  Again, no matter what it shows the library as mixed mode.

Thank you..

Sorry you have to remove the library and restore it again with the .collection file in the backup, you can not just place the .collection file in a already imported library to resolve the issue.

JaScoMa
21 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry you have to remove the library and restore it again with the .collection file in the backup, you can not just place the .collection file in a already imported library to resolve the issue.

@Happy2Play In the other posting, you listed the different collection files; see below.  Just to confirm, the boxsets.colleciton would be used for the "collections" listings?

And we could make a music.collection for our music folder?  Thank you..

boxsets.collection
playlists.collection
movies.collection
tvshows.collection

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, JaScoMa said:

@Happy2Play In the other posting, you listed the different collection files; see below.  Just to confirm, the boxsets.colleciton would be used for the "collections" listings?

And we could make a music.collection for our music folder?  Thank you..

boxsets.collection
playlists.collection
movies.collection
tvshows.collection

Yes to boxsets and Yes to music.collection in the Music folder to have it restore as Music content type.

JaScoMa

@Happy2Play  Upgraded my Shield server to the latest beta, had an issue, uninstalled and had to reinstall the latest stable version.  My library files had these collection files in the backup and at restore, it saw the proper media types and restored them correctly.  Thanks again for the information.

• 2 weeks later...
skidmarks

I have resolved this issue already, but figured i'd point this out...

Having giving up on trying to figure out why my rokus were not talking to the server without issues all of a sudden i finally formatted my computer.  I used the last back up to restore emby (plug-in generated).  After patiently waiting 48hrs for my libraries to populate i realized something wrong with my music libraries...  Somehow they repopulated not as music but as mixed content!  All music libraries came back as mixed content?  This was definitely not how these libraries were set up.  

Trying to delete these and recreating the libraries resulted in the duplicate folders issue again.  Even patiently waiting to make sure i only hit the add (or ok or whatever the last button click is) once.  

I'm just pointing this out as a possible issue.  Unfortunately it will take a long time to populate my music library once again, but at least the libraries have the right content assigned to them now. 

@skidmarks

@JaScoMa

Happy2Play

Know restore defect, there are actually several topics.  Here is the workaround required before restoring, place contenttype.collection file in each library in your backup.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/87204-server-backup-restore-wrong-media-type/&do=findComment&comment=892781

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80502-backup-plugin-not-restoring-library-properly/&do=findComment&comment=884434

• Thanks 1

skidmarks
On 6/25/2020 at 6:17 AM, Happy2Play said:

Know restore defect, there are actually several topics.  Here is the workaround required before restoring, place contenttype.collection file in each library in your backup.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/87204-server-backup-restore-wrong-media-type/&do=findComment&comment=892781

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80502-backup-plugin-not-restoring-library-properly/&do=findComment&comment=884434

Oooops...  My bad!  That is a pretty unfortunate thing to take two days to restore and then find out you get to do it again with my largest libraries! 

Thanks!

@skidmarks

• 1 month later...
CarlosLima

Hi @CarlosLima,

I am migrating to another VPS machine and found that when restoring the backup to the new machine, it is possible to deselect the libraries option, however, I confirmed two problems:
1 - Even clearing the option to restore the libraries, Emby restores them.
2 - Emby restores all libraries as mixed content, when in fact, I have only one of the libraries with mixed content and therefore, it was the only one I managed to take advantage of.

So, I exclude the other 4 libraries (movies, series, concerts and music) and when redoing (in all video folders I have metadata, as I always preferred to save metadata in video folders), that is, when tracking the libraries , the time to completion exceeds three days.
I have less than 4000 films and less than 800 series.

The new VPS machine contains an SSD disk and 16GB of RAM, running with Windows Server.

Scan:

I also found that Emby has a hard time crawling libraries with local metadata. If the folders do not have any local metadata (but only the .mp4 video), the task time can be up to 5 times less.

I also use Kodi for my personal libraries and in it, we have the option to mark it so that it only uses local metadata and thus it despises scrapers of metadata searches on the internet.
At Emby, it seems that this function does not exist or does not work. It is as if Emby needed to check if the metadata is correct and often, part of the arts and synopses are replaced with new ones.

Thanks for any tips on how to do so that Emby uses only local metadata, WITHOUT THE NEED TO DISABLE scrapers, as for future videos added, they will be necessary.

removed circular post back to same topic. :(

Edited by cayars

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Is there any progress on this?  The workaround in post 73 is the only way someone is able to restore libraries to there proper content type.

Happy2Play

Appears resolved in my test in 4.5.0.19.  Library backups only containing current option.xml file.

• Fix content type being lost for restored libraries

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Appears resolved in my test in 4.5.0.19.  Library backups only containing current option.xml file.

• Fix content type being lost for restored libraries

Thanks for the feedback !