Backup Plugin not restoring library properly

Dibbes

Happy2Play

5e543264b3e80_Untitled2.png

5e54327d09802_Untitled3.png

Are you removing library, scanning, then re-adding and scanning?  Just placing the file in a already imported library will not change it.

What exactly are you doing?

Edited by Happy2Play

Dibbes

Are you removing library, scanning, then re-adding and scanning?  Just placing the file in a already imported library will not change it.

What exactly are you doing?

I'm not quite that much of a beginner  ;)

Steps:

1. add the .collection files to the folders
  2. run a library scan on the original server
  3. run a backup job on the original server
  4. install Emby from scratch on the server that is being used for testing, make sure that paths are the same as the original server, create an Emby admin user, no libraries, install the backup plugin and restart Emby
  5. restore Emby from the latest backup and restart Emby
Edited by Dibbes

Happy2Play

I'm not quite that much of a beginner  ;)

Steps:

1. add the .collection files to the folders
  2. run a library scan on the original server
  3. run a backup job on the original server
  4. install Emby from scratch on the server that is being used for testing, make sure that paths are the same as the original server, create an Emby admin user, no libraries, install the backup plugin and restart Emby
  5. restore Emby from the latest backup and restart Emby

Not sure then.

Here is what I did.

Have a backup with libraries in new format only options.xml restored this backup both Movies and TV library were restored as mixed content.

Started over only difference is adding "movies.collection" to Movie library folder and "tvshows.collection" TV library and restored.  Both libraries were restored as TV and Movie content type.

All tests done on 4.4.0.16 with Server Configuration Backup plugin 1.4.3.0.

Dibbes

Not sure then.

Here is what I did.

Have a backup with libraries in new format only options.xml restored this backup both Movies and TV library were restored as mixed content.

Started over only difference is adding "movies.collection" to Movie library folder and "tvshows.collection" TV library and restored.  Both libraries were restored as TV and Movie content type.

All tests done on 4.4.0.16 with Server Configuration Backup plugin 1.4.3.0.

I'll try again later this week... just to see if maybe there's something I overlooked... I'm running 4.4.0.15 with 1.4.3.0

Still, as these .collection files aren't generated anymore (at least AFAIK), shouldn't the plugin take its data from the .xml?

Happy2Play

I'll try again later this week... just to see if maybe there's something I overlooked... I'm running 4.4.0.15 with 1.4.3.0

Still, as these .collection files aren't generated anymore (at least AFAIK), shouldn't the plugin take its data from the .xml?

I would think so as <ContentType> was added.  But at the same time I would think this is a server issue not a plugin issues as the plugin is only copying existing information, it only writes users/userdata from databases..

Happy2Play

For some reason in the restore process the <ContentType> is stripped from the options.xml when the server does its initial scan of the restored libraries.  Since the restored file is being modified after restart this would have to be a server issue.  It happens in both stable and beta.  @@Luke

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@@Luke @@ebr

Is any additional info needed?  For me all libraries that have "*.collection" in there folder are restored properly and libraries without it are restored as Mixed Content.

But really only tested TV and Movies.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Dibbes

@@Luke @@ebr

Is any additional info needed?  For me all libraries that have "*.collection" in there folder are restored properly and libraries without it are restored as Mixed Content.

But really only tested TV and Movies.

Just tested again. If I manually add a .collection file of the relevant name, the library gets restored as Mixed Content still. If I remove the .collection file from a library that had one created ages ago by MB, then it gets restored properly. If I remove that, it gets restored as Mixed Content. If I then put it the file back, it again gets restored properly.

Can you reproduce this with a brand newly created backup?

Yes

Happy2Play

Can you reproduce this with a brand newly created backup?

Not sure why I get different results then Dibbes.

Just tested again with a new portable beta .19

in wizard created 1 movie library

added Premiere key, installed SCB plugin 1.4.3.0, restarted

went to plugin and assign backup path

ran backup task

shutdown server, deleted programdata folder

started server, went through wizard without adding anything

selected previous backup to restore, all options enabled

server did not restart so I manually restarted (dashboard showed restart needed, also there was a pop at bottom left of browser saying to restart)

went to Library and the restored library was restored as Mixed content

shutdown server, deleted programdata folder

started server, went through wizard without adding anything

went to backup folder and opened the backup, opened library folder, opened the library and added movies.collection file

selected previous back to restore, all options enabled

server did not restart so I manually restarted (dashboard showed restart needed, also there was a pop at bottom left of browser saying to restart)

went to Library and the restored library was restored as Movies

This was all done on a new installation with new libraries and new backups.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 2 weeks later...
PenkethBoy

i did a rebuild of my test server a couple of days ago and two libraries - came back as mixed content

My music library and the playlists library

Had to delete them and recreate - i suspect the playlist library did not have a collection file as its newish

as for music cant tell now as new folder which only has the options.xml file

PenkethBoy

Ha - just tested without collection files for all libraries and

5e69200011d4d_Annotation20200311172810.j

and all bar two are mixed content

and getting duplicates

this is before trying the backup plugin restore - so i suspect its a server fault not the plugin

Edited by PenkethBoy

Ha - just tested without collection files for all libraries and

5e69200011d4d_Annotation20200311172810.j

and all bar two are mixed content

and getting duplicates

this is before trying the backup plugin restore - so i suspect its a server fault not the plugin

@@PenkethBoy how did you do this test?

PenkethBoy

If you create a new library in beta the only file that gets created these days is an option.xml file. So...

When i rebuilt a couple of days ago - when i first came across this - any new libraries (i.e.) created in the last couple of month on the beta cycle - after deleting the library.db - came back as mixed content - my music and playlist libraries

So - the above test - i did - by shutting down Emby - deleting the library.db file - then also i went through all the root\default directories and removed all .collection,.mblink files - so the rebuild would see the libraries as if newly created with a beta server

the option.xml file has the path in it so should not be a problem

I have since the above picture recreated all my libraries and they only have option.xml files

I will retry by doing the same test in a bit to see if it does the same

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

Ok - did the test again - and its reproducible

e.g.

5e69f7214ad69_Annotation20200312084635.j

three things to note 

1. all folders are mixed content - apart from

2. recorded shows/movies - which are duplicated at least

3. new folders are created under root\default

5e69f7b26804e_Annotation20200312084901.j

notice the 1 folders created just now with the rebuild i just did at 08:44 ish

PenkethBoy

If you have a path specified in dashboard>dvr>optional path for tv recordings as i do

then you always get at least one duplicate of that library as you can see above

if you delete one it takes out all of them

so you have to remove the optional path>save>re add it and save - then it comes back as a single library of the correct type

does not do this for recorded movies even with an optional path - well not every time at least

These issues need fixing before the next stable goes out

Edited by PenkethBoy

Dibbes

So - the above test - i did - by shutting down Emby - deleting the library.db file - then also i went through all the root\default directories and removed all .collection,.mblink files - so the rebuild would see the libraries as if newly created with a beta server

this is pretty much what I did... putting the mblink or collection file back does not resolved this...

PenkethBoy

i did not put back any mblink or collection files as they are now deprecated (on  beta) - so no point testing

If you create a new library in beta the only file that gets created these days is an option.xml file. So...

When i rebuilt a couple of days ago - when i first came across this - any new libraries (i.e.) created in the last couple of month on the beta cycle - after deleting the library.db - came back as mixed content - my music and playlist libraries

the option.xml file has the path in it so should not be a problem

I have since the above picture recreated all my libraries and they only have option.xml files

I will retry by doing the same test in a bit to see if it does the same

and options.xml has the content type inside, right?

Happy2Play

In my test the options.xml has content type until it is restored, after restore content type is removed from options.xml make the restore Mixed Content on import.

Placing a (contenttype).collections  file in the library maintains the content type upon restore, at least for me.

Edited by Happy2Play

PenkethBoy

and options.xml has the content type inside, right?

Yes they do for the half dozen i have just checked 

options.zip

Thats one for a music video library - which became a mixed content library

i kept it as a backup

Happy2Play

Yes they do for the half dozen i have just checked 

attachicon.gifoptions.zip

Thats one for a music video library - which became a mixed content library

i kept it as a backup

Do you see contentype removed upon restore?

PenkethBoy

I just copied the Music Video (copy of folder as reference - not via the plugin) to beta .25 test server - with emby server off

It did not have a Music Video library before ( although it did have movies, music and Tv - manually created from the UI - not imported)

I used the options.xml as attached above and on restarting the server - the library got created as mixed content

unlike what H2P reported - so might be a difference using the backup plugin - the content type is still musicvideos in the options.xml file - the date of the file did not change in the root/default/music video directory from the copy i have elsewhere on my system

5e6a9d98a5406_Annotation20200312203354.j