10-bit H.265 HEVC Hardware Acceleration is Broken on 4.3.0.30

Brudertac
Go to solution Solved by seanbuff,

processcreative

@@softworkz sure, no worries

here are 2 instances, one with 10-bit and one without

Good news there's movement on this.... how can get involved in the Beta for Synology (I posted a request in the Beta forum months ago but have heard nothing). Keen to get this working like it used to, my Emby has been unusable outside my LAN for quite some time now.

@@softworkz sure, no worries

here are 2 instances, one with 10-bit and one without

Thanks for the logs - these confirm what I mentioned above.

There's still a way to go, but that's still a nice little improvement.

Thanks for reporting!

Good news there's movement on this.... how can get involved in the Beta for Synology (I posted a request in the Beta forum months ago but have heard nothing). Keen to get this working like it used to, my Emby has been unusable outside my LAN for quite some time now.

@@processcreative - This is off topic. Please post your question in a separate thread.

• 3 weeks later...
Brudertac

@softworkz,

any news on this? Is there an ETA for a BETA to Test?

Sorry to Post again... But Emby is mostly useless now until this work again... :-(

Thanks!

AviatorBimmer

Is it possible to get the latest beta for Synology? Or is the release of the next stable version so close that it's worth waiting?

Is it possible to get the latest beta for Synology? Or is the release of the next stable version so close that it's worth waiting?

Hoping to release 4.4 this month. Thanks.

• Like 2

10-bit transcoding with VAAPI started working for me again with 4.4.0.13. Some issues with quality selection (with 4k videos, selecting 1080p-60mbps automatically chooses 4k-40mbps instead. Also, changing the quality usually results in infinite buffering) and the bitrate/fps statistics aren't very accurate, but other than that, works good

• 1 month later...

Hoping to release 4.4 this month. Thanks.

Hi there,

Any update on the release of 4.4? This is a show stopper for me, I originally switched from Plex to Emby because i found Emby more stable, but with it eating CPU on my Synology 918+ comparitively to Plex I may have to switch back again :(

It's coming very soon. Thanks.

Thank you, I appreciate there are many different moving parts when compiling for several platforms. Are you able to provide a rough eta please, or even a binary that i can help test with?

Robert_84

Im having the same HVAC problem and Im waiting on the same answer. I purchased 700€ NAS Synology 1019+ and I cant watch 4K videos.... really stupid

But with our lead DEV from Asia our software where I use to work was also having same problems, they would use "older" builds for different upgrades, so they added new feature, but many times they broke something what was working before without problems

The 4.4 release is starting to roll out so it should be available for Synology any day now. thanks.

Robert_84

Nope, still waiting actually 7 days waiting...

I chose Emby over Plex becasue for my son media organization is better, and I payed lifetime support

However I consider to give here my key as a gift and swap Emby for Plex

this lack of support is really funny. Also app on tv is offering update all the time, without option to turn the notification off, but for the update I need to do with with USB stick. and it is not convenient every time to do it.

Also I noticed here how admin is deleting posts..... 

The 4.4 release will be out any day now for Synology. I apologize for the delay, there's just a couple last things we are looking into. If you'd like to follow along, you can do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/84188-getting-44040-over-the-line/?p=862900

Once we have these resolved, the Synology release will go out. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2020 at 3:44 AM, ChoromPotro said:

I still have this problem on 4.5.0.13 beta, is it not fixed yet?

Hi there, can you please describe the problem that you're having? Thanks.

ChoromPotro
23 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please describe the problem that you're having? Thanks.

10 bit HEVC video is transcoding using CPU not GPU in windows server native installation with nvidia graphics card. You can try playing any Tigole release. I tried with Bacurau.

1 hour ago, ChoromPotro said:

10 bit HEVC video is transcoding using CPU not GPU in windows server native installation with nvidia graphics card. You can try playing any Tigole release. I tried with Bacurau.

Did you makes sure to follow our hardware acceleration setup guide?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001160148-hardware-acceleration-overview

• 1 month later...