Metadata Issue with Bluetooth

raidflex

raidflex

I noticed that there is no song/track info displayed when using Bluetooth and playing music with the Emby Android app. I tried it on two different vehicles and have the same issues. If I use Pandora or other apps I do not have this issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

darkassassin07

Some Bluetooth audio players will display metadata on what's playing (title, length/position, track num, etc)

I've only got one device that'll display that info, a car stereo deck, and it seems to be working fine for me with Emby for android v3.0.89 displaying that info.

raidflex

Some Bluetooth audio players will display metadata on what's playing (title, length/position, track num, etc)

I've only got one device that'll display that info, a car stereo deck, and it seems to be working fine for me with Emby for android v3.0.89 displaying that info.

Correct I was referring to the in car stereo. Are you on Android 10 also? In the play store the latest stable version I see is 3.0.87. Is that a beta version?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

raidflex

Im using the latest beta Luke posted here on android 8.0.0

However I wasn't having any issues with emby for android 3.0.87 either.

It may be the Android version that is causing an issue possibly then since you are on 8.0. 

Is there anyone else that is on Android 10 and has metadata working on their car's stereo? 

• 1 month later...
JonathanJ

I have a Pixel XL 2, running Android 10. I am having the same issue, it affects my device control as well.  Is there something we can tweak on our phone or are we waiting on a fix? If I upgrade to an Pixel 4, does anyone have a Pixel 3 or 4 that is working?

• 3 weeks later...
LiaraAlis

We don't yet support Android Auto but it's coming soon. Thanks.

Just for clarification: Is Android Auto required for displaying music information via bluetooth? I didn't use Android Auto and if I play music with Amazon Music or other Music App, Media Information is displayed on my car info system. I can also use Forward, Backwards and Pause buttons on my car to control the playback.

Today I tried it with emby and a movie name was displayed, but I've selected a music title. I don't know why a movie was displayed.

Just for clarification: Is Android Auto required for displaying music information via bluetooth? I didn't use Android Auto and if I play music with Amazon Music or other Music App, Media Information is displayed on my car info system. I can also use Forward, Backwards and Pause buttons on my car to control the playback.

Today I tried it with emby and a movie name was displayed, but I've selected a music title. I don't know why a movie was displayed.

From your standpoint no, it's not required. From our standpoint yes, it's the same development.

LiaraAlis

From your standpoint no, it's not required. From our standpoint yes, it's the same development.

I got it. But please focus on this feature. Controling media playback and display media information on bluetooth devices is a basic feature for a media app. :)