Where do I set up DNLA folder structure

paulyuk6

paulyuk6

Hi folks

I recently received Emby as an included app with my TerraMaster network backup system,

It runs fine and lets me access my network music library on my Cambridge Audio CXN player, as well as my TV -  connecting across my network using DNLA

The only problem is, on any of these devices it offers me way too many folder choices:

Latest, Playlists, Albums, Album Artists, Songs, Genres, Favourite Artists, Favourite Albums etc.

Where can I find a menu option that lets me set which folders are shown over DNLA?    I only really want to see Album and Artist!

The version of Emby I am running is 4.3.0.33 on Linux.

Many thanks in advance

Paul

Happy2Play

There is no way to control the sub-folders displayed in DLNA that I know of.

• 11 months later...
paulyuk6
On 15/12/2019 at 19:59, Luke said:

Hi, yes there's currently no configuration for this, but it's definitely possible for the future. thanks.

I posted this a year ago. Just wondering if there has been any progress yet?
Just to recap, when I connect to Emby through my TV or network music player it gives me way too many folder choices, such as:

Latest, Playlists, Albums, Album Artists, Songs, Genres, Favourite Artists, Favourite Albums etc.

How do edit the list of viewing folder options?  I don't need Genres , Favourite Artsts etc. etc.  So I just want to turn off the ones I don't need.
Is this possible yet?

Thanks

Paul

Hi, there are no options for this yet but it remains a good idea for future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting now for two years about this issue. I actually tried to find a solution using a profile - isn´t it possible with it? The standard structure for network player like pioneer N-50/N-70 is horrible. The only item twonky is doing much better since 2010.

Edited by gruni

It's currently not possible, sorry, but the layout we present in Dlna should be consistent with what you see in the web app.

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile EMBY is detecting my pioneer N-50A by profile settings "...

2020-12-29 18:40:42.260 Debug Dlna: Found matching device profile: Pioneer N-50A
2020-12-29 18:40:42.261 Info Dlna: DLNA Session created for N-50A - N-50A/SYXEV8"

I gave a special user "N-50A_Benutzer" to that profile but my N-50A shows always the standard user settings. Logging in the N-50A-User via PC shows the correct settings.

protocol.txt

I gave a special user "N-50A_Benutzer" to that profile but my N-50A shows always the standard user settings.

Hi there, what user settings are you referring to?

this are my settings. My N-50A is identified by Emby by profile (Model-Name: N-50A/SYXEV8). The User-profile "N-50A_Benutzer" works, if I choose it via PC, IPad etc., I see only musik, no Pictures or videos. My N-50A instead shows everything.

image.png.4e95fb71673e98ebdc48a1441824ef81.png

image.png.48585ae29a1dd76fd122cecb5660c318.png

image.thumb.png.3fc83d30b2c6ec29f446a7a8833165fb.png

• 1 month later...

@gruni,

@cayars can jump on with you and take a look, but I think this will come down to the user library that you've configured for the Dlna profile. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Those options look like they should work assuming that's the correct profile.
You could also try setting up the default profile the same way only showing music as well.

If this isn't working I'd be happy to do a remote session with you and look things over.
Just send me a PM and we can arrange it.

paulyuk6

It seems that there is no actual way to tell Emby which folders to display. So there is no way to get rid of unwanted folders such as 'Playlists' or 'Recorded TV'.

Paul

8 hours ago, paulyuk6 said:

It seems that there is no actual way to tell Emby which folders to display. So there is no way to get rid of unwanted folders such as 'Playlists' or 'Recorded TV'.

Paul

Hi, it uses the same library view as configured for the emby user, so simply configure that. There's no need to configure it separately just for dlna, right?

what has worked:

1. I set "N50A_Benutzer" (only access to music) as default user.
    after that I could not see "Fotos" and "Filme" on my Panasonic TV
  2. I set "Panasonic_Benutzer" (access to music, video and photo) as profile to Panasonic Viera-profile

Panasonic vierra seams to be recognized and assigned correctly.

Last item to become happy:
if I like to hear for example "Jazz" at N50A, I want to see all my 200+ jazz-titles and start shuffle at N50A.

What I can choose is:
Jazz/Album/Songs to see 1,2,3... titles of this one and only album I must choose to see songs

so the filter for choosing songs is going 1-2 steps too deep. Any solution to become 100% happy?

PS: its the only item for me the oldfashion TwonkyServer is doing better

What I see at N50A is:
- music
-- genre (for example)
--- album
to see only the 1,2 or 3 songs of the one album I must choose to see my songs

What I like to have is:
- music
-- genre (for example)
--- album
to see al the songs of genre for example jazz to hear a mix from all of my 200+  songs of jazz - not additionaly filtered by album or sometimes additional interpret.

Ok. I think the way we have it now is the way that most users want, but more options are possible for the future. Thanks for the feedback.

• Thanks 1