Emby for Kodi does not update newly added content

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

I've noticed since yesterday evening that while Emby is up to date, Kodi has fallen behind 3 days+ in regards to newly added content. When I start Kodi, I do see the Emby for Kodi  user greeting popping up, but then no library updates are taking place.

I restarted both Kodi and Emby, to no effect. I have tried Manage/Update libraries, but it does nothing.

Here's the Kodi log:

kodi.log

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

I did install 4.1.19 (it prompted "plugin (or addon) updated", but it still does not update newly added content. In case the process was semi-auto, I tried again manage/update libraries, to no avail.

Fresh log:

kodi.log

Edited by jlr19

Angelblue05

You have no device name assigned? In the add-on settings > set an alternate device name. Restart. Does it work then?

CharleyVarrick

When I looked first, "use alternate device name" was unchecked. Once checked, it offered "Kodi" as device name (that's good?)

I then restarted Kodi and it behaved the same (greeting but no update). I then went back in settings and changed device name to Kodi1, restarted Kodi, but again no update...

5df697971c76b_Capture.jpg

Angelblue05

Something is indeed off about your log. It is as if it never finishes the startup sync, it seems stuck trying to retrieve content from your server. But there are no errors in your log.

Can you try enabling debug in the add-on settings > advanced and repeat this issue? Thanks!

CharleyVarrick

Turn off Kodi. Edit metadata for a title, wait a min, start Kodi, does it pick up?

To this question, still no reaction from Kodi.

CharleyVarrick

Something is indeed off about your log. It is as if it never finishes the startup sync, it seems stuck trying to retrieve content from your server. But there are no errors in your log.

Can you try enabling debug in the add-on settings > advanced and repeat this issue? Thanks!

With debug enabled, I exited Kodi and added fictitious actor to an Emby movie. Kodi did not picked it up.

While the log size is barely below the 90MB limit, I am getting an error "No file was selected for upload"

I will PM the log.

CharleyVarrick

As stated in PM, Kodi resumed updating a couple hours ago and is now fully up to date.

Why it stopped for a week, and also why it resumed updating 2 hrs ago remains a mystery...

Edited by jlr19
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Once Kodi on computer 1 resumed updating, I tried a number of similar things on Kodi's computer 2, to no avail.

I then remembered Kodi 1 started to update 3 hours after last manipulations. I left Kodi 2 running all night long and this morning, it was updated.

If a log is still relevant, I can provide one, but I'm a happy camper for now.

Thanks & season's greetings, Angel !

• Like 1

CTPAHHIK

Similar problem with Fire TV devices and native path plugin configuration.

This been around for a while and not new. Content updates must be force triggered manually to get client and server in sync.

Switching from native paths to plugin default sovled this problem.

Angelblue05

Similar problem with Fire TV devices and native path plugin configuration.

This been around for a while and not new. Content updates must be force triggered manually to get client and server in sync.

Switching from native paths to plugin default sovled this problem.

Both modes work the same as far as updating content. They only vary as far as the path to content entered in database and playback tracking. Sounds like maybe something needed to get reset in your Kodi database to see updates?