Why does the program say it's a direct stream and still do transcoding?

hunesco

I download the file to my home pc, I conect my home pc to my tv from a cable rj45 (from my router to tv).

Almost all files play as direct stream without use a lot of rescources of home pc (x264 files), but some files, especially x265 UHD, I get transcode, even with bitrate set as max.

The main problem is I get freezes from my pc when transcode is done, SSD at 100% of usage.

Any help?

edit: my tv is samsung r7100

post-311835-0-43103200-1576251694_thumb.png

Edited by hunesco

It means this is only changing containers and leaving the original video and audio as is.

But is there any way this can be avoided? Is it a tv or app "problem"? In which container would this not happen?

To provide any more specifics of this we'd have to look at this example in detail.

But the general answer is if you want to avoid this, then use media file formats that the TV supports.

To provide any more specifics of this we'd have to look at this example in detail.

But the general answer is if you want to avoid this, then use media file formats that the TV supports.

But the container (mkv) is fully supported by my tv (samsung ru7100)

post-311835-0-81627400-1576261262_thumb.png

FrostByte

The mediainfo for the file you're trying to play and some logs would help. 

Normally mine will DS when the audio isn't supported by the TV.  For instance starting in 2018 Samsung TVs no longer support DTS which then gets converted to AC3.  Anything with a high bitrate will then cause buffering like issues.

Edited by FrostByte