Emby Theater for Mac

thura10

No, I'm not creating another topic to complain about how emby sucks since it doensn't have a native mac app. Instead, I went ahead and compiled the linux version for mac. Now I'm stupid so I don't know how I've done this either but it works. Well, kinda. You have to use an external player to play it. I've installed mpv so idk why either. 

Here's the thing though, I don't know if I'm allowed to share it because when I was compiling the electron app, it used my apple ID (I think?) or my certificate, so first up, I don't know if it can even run on other macs. Second, I don't wanna take credit for this either (maybe a little), because I literally went to github of emby theater linux, downloaded the source code and just compiled it. Took me like two hours so I'm sending you an invoice luke.

Anyway, rn, I have the dmg of it and I can share it if anyone approves me to. 

At the moment, I'd appreciate it if any of you can help me with the external player thing.

W

HI there, what happens when you try to setup an external player?

Works perfectly. I setup a test server on localhost with a HEVC 10 bit 4K file and it didn't transcode so I'd say that went pretty well. Funnily enough, the external player I'm using is IINA, which is actually based on mpv.

Great news. So then what is your question about external players?

Oh no. It's not a question. Just wanted to know if I'm allowed to share it because it is just compiled source code of github with my apple id with a couple things changed to make it run on mac.

Also, one weird thing, if I run the app without compiling it on electron, the built-in mpv works but once I compile it, nothing will play until I setup an external player. 

• 4 months later...
angryblue

Oh no. It's not a question. Just wanted to know if I'm allowed to share it because it is just compiled source code of github with my apple id with a couple things changed to make it run on mac.

Also, one weird thing, if I run the app without compiling it on electron, the built-in mpv works but once I compile it, nothing will play until I setup an external player. 

Hi ,I'm excited you make this happen.Could you share it to me? Thank you.

• 3 months later...
angryblue

excited to hear that

but looks like there is no any forward & backward shortcut 

Edited by angryblue

3 hours ago, angryblue said:

but looks like there is no any forward & backward shotcut 

???

7 hours ago, angryblue said:

excited to hear that

but looks like there is no any forward & backward shotcut 

Hi, what do you mean by this?

vdatanet
41 minutes ago, Luke said:

Users may expect a desktop applicacion layout instead of mobile. Keep in mind that it's a catalyst app, so it's an iOS app ported to Mac. Title should be Emby iOS for Mac instead Emby Theater for Mac.

1705554637_Capturadepantalla2020-08-07alas20_40_53.thumb.png.b72b877a629d6ded24105eff1e431c0e.png

Edited by vdatanet

The apps are unified now, it can adapt to whatever device you use, so emby theater would be fine or even just emby.

vdatanet
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

The apps are unified now, it can adapt to whatever device you use, so emby theater would be fine or even just emby.

The buttons are in the middle of the screen like in a touch layout instead of the bottom, that's why @angryblue missed them. 

38844814_Capturadepantalla2020-08-07alas21_22_47.thumb.png.47171bbef6fa58edc0753f9db8960d58.png

angryblue
On 08/08/2020 at 02:08, Luke said:

Hi

I mean can't forward  or backward by keyboard shortcuts

4 minutes ago, angryblue said:

Hi

I mean can't forward  or backward by keyboard shortcuts

What have you tried?

angryblue
46 minutes ago, Luke said:

What have you tried?

I have tried left arrow and right arrow and some other buttons,

none of the buttons on keyboard can control playback.

Edited by angryblue

vdatanet
22 hours ago, angryblue said:

I have tried left arrow and right arrow and some other buttons,

none of the buttons on keyboard can control playback.

For me, Shift + left or right arrow worked

thura10

I'm still involved in this topic for some reason so I thought I might give some feedback. I tried the app. I'm assuming its a catalyst app.

The keyboard shortcuts only work after the overlay disappears. You should REALLY add picture-in-picture support and external players support.
Overall, excellent app in a very small size. If it's a catalyst app, you can configure different targets for Mac and iOS, so you should have no problem adapting the UI for mac to a desktop layout.

tigrao

The screen saver comes on still when watching any content.  Is there a setting I am missing to disable the screen saver?

12 minutes ago, tigrao said:

The screen saver comes on still when watching any content.  Is there a setting I am missing to disable the screen saver?

Hi, which screensaver?