Unable access on android

Paro89

Not running the server on an Android. Running the server on my Alienware. Just can't access it from my mobile phone (Android, Samsung Galaxy 10+ running Android 10 to be exact), my iPad (most recent ios version) or ANY device not on the EXACT SAME WIFI NETWORK as my Alienware. Maybe I should go back to Plex and just convert my files myself and be done with it! Not even had this service 24 hours and already more headache than Plex ever has been!

Correction, this is my birthday and I AM NOT spending dealing with this level of frustration! Refund my money NOW! Because as soon as I send this reply I'm uninstalling the software and taking to social media to let anyone who will listen know to avoid this crapstorm like the plague! If the refund is not processed by tomorrow morning, I'll light up your "customer service" number (which ironically no one EVER seems to answer) like the 4th of July!

I could have sworn you guys CLAIMED this was an "easy and intuitive" interface! Yet you practically have to have a PHD in Web Technologies to understand how to get the damned thing to work properly! I may be demanding a refund if this damn thing doesn't correct itself SOON!

@@Joalin, you have jumped into another discussion which is causing some confusion. Please start a new discussion and share you issues, it is then likely you will get the assistance you desire.

Correction, this is my birthday and I AM NOT spending dealing with this level of frustration! Refund my money NOW! Because as soon as I send this reply I'm uninstalling the software and taking to social media to let anyone who will listen know to avoid this crapstorm like the plague! If the refund is not processed by tomorrow morning, I'll light up your "customer service" number (which ironically no one EVER seems to answer) like the 4th of July!

Hi. We're sorry you are having so much trouble but it sounds like the issues are with external access to your server which is controlled by your network and router configuration. We try to do this automatically but not all routers allow that (especially these days as security is a high priority).

We have refunded your payment but we are still willing to work with you to help you figure out your problem.

Thanks.

Connectivity

@@Joalin,

You jumped into another persons thread with info that makes it hard to follow.  You have a total of 3 posts all the same day within a short time period of time from each other and one is to expect a refund and bad mouth the company on social media?  Sorry but to me that just seems like a strange way to get help.

From briefly what you said it sounds like Emby is working fine but you may need to make a change to your router. I say this based on your comment "ANY device not on the EXACT SAME WIFI NETWORK as my Alienware".  That implies it works corretly ON NET and not OFF NET which is an easy fix.

That is how it should be.  Without having set up your network to accommodate Emby use it will only be available on THAT network unless it's routed.  Plex creates a tunnel when the client can't connect directly to the server using a 3rd party server, so it will work in this type of environment with bandwidth restrictions and more use of your internet which isn't needed and does expose your server to security breaches from outside this way.

With Emby all your user and connection data is located on YOUR SERVER where with Plex it's not on your server but in the cloud and out of your control.  They can simplify a few things this way if the risk and loss of control is worth it to you.  Keep in mind in Plex world the user is theirs not yours and they activate other services beside your content to these users like news, pods casts, movies, etc all with ads.  With Emby you are in full control and totally control your own "Netflix" style environment. With that control comes a bit more local/network setup which we would be very happy to help you with given a FAIR CHANCE to do so!  We can even remotely help if absolutely needed but try to solve things first in the forums.

Hope you had a nice Birthday.

Would you mind trying again to get proper help from users and staff in a reasonable manner?  I'd certainly be willing to help you 1 on 1 if needed.

Carlo