Emby Restore

bflagg
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

I have a full backup of Emby

I have reinstalled windows 7 for MCE (have ceton tuners).

Win 7 in not in a domain now (it was before) and it's ip has changed. From 192.168.1.25 to 192.168.50.55

I installed emby, entered in my premier key. Shutdown the server.

Copy my programdata folder over to my new installation. Now the Dashboard will not even load.(page not available).

I did this twice now and it still does the same thing.

How can I restore? I don't care about rebuilding library, WMC, and server backup. It's just the users. How to I reimport them?
How to get Emby to recognize the correct account associated with my prior install (for some years now..)?

Going forward would it be easier to use the LDAP plugin and authenticate to my domain controller instead?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall clean again and await suggestions...

Thanks,

Brett

@@cayars

@@Happy2Play

• Solution

Hello @@bflagg

When you say "full backup" are you talking about just a copy of directories or using the backup plug from Emby Server.  If using the backup plugin you can do a restore from within the plugin and pick/choose what to restore including user data.

Since you have this backed up someway and willing to reinstall what I'd suggest trying first is to "restore" then install Emby over top that.  That may fix whatever issues are present.  If not we'll need to get additional information like logs to see what's going on.

LDAP might be in your future but it just depends on your needs and where you want to manage users and if those users already have active directory accounts or not.  Really only you can determine if this would be beneficial in your environment or not.

Tag me with any responses "@cayars" so I'll get a notification and will work with you to resolve your problem.

Carlo

• Like 1

@@cayars
I'll give it a go as you suggest.
...yes.. using the server backup plugin..

My nas died a few days back, new one should be up this week.
The reason why I ask about the LDAP, is for example I have 5 accounts tied to my account.
I know what they are, but I have no way to manage them since they are emby connect accounts, and they can't log in because I can't get the restore to work right...

what has changed in my environment:
New setup and domain. New IP subnet. Mediacenter computer name is the same.
Old: 192.168.1.25
thisdomain.com  (domain name changed since this is public post).
Mediacenter

new:
thisdomail.local
mediacenter

I hope you see this, as I can't find a tag option in the message options..

The tag the way you did it was perfect.

When you get your new NAS back up and running send me a PM.

We can arrange a remote session and I'll help you directly to fix this and get you back up and running.  This is one of those situations where a lot of different things could be at play and instead of going back and forth in the forum I'd rather help you directly which will make the process much faster as well. :)

Carlo

I haven't heard from him yet on this.  I'd assume the NAS isn't setup yet with Christmas and all.???

Hello Gentlemen. Merry Xmas.

Havent' had a opporutnity between work and a toddler and the NAS.

The NAS is finally up last night, So can I co do the next step later tonight when I get off of work, or during Xmas day tomorrow...

I'm still sitting at the default install, libraries are built, serverwmc installed..

I think it's working using server backup plugin (using 11/16/19 backup).. it appears all users are now there...

Rebuilding library, but I do notice.. no collections are being build automatically.... Any suggestionS

@@cayars

Will have to check everything after work or sometime tomorrow if I can.

I think were good. After doing another restore using the backup tool, I just had to reenter passwords for those accounts.

Thank you all for your guidance and support.

Merrry Christmas and Happy New Year!