Restore complete Emby directory?

dadofhgnadn

dadofhgnadn

Migrating Emby to a new PC but before I started I made a complete copy of C:\users(my user name)\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server.
After reinstalling Emby on the new PC can I just copy and replace\overwrite? 

Thanks

Migrating Emby to a new PC but before I started I made a complete copy of C:\users(my user name)\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server.

Thanks

I don't see a huge issue other than you'd want to make sure that all your drives are labeled the same as before.

It probably would have been easier to use the server backup plugin from the Emby catalogue.

But I wouldn't just copy the folder over and expect it to work.

If this is what you are going to do, I would install a new version from the Emby website and then copy the folder ontop of the new install.

Unless the folders structures for your media are exactly the same as what you had before, you are going to experience a full media scan to create/fix the database either way.

Edited by chef

dadofhgnadn

Yeah that's an issue. Everything is working however I have plans  to change the share path in the future. Is there a way to globally update the metadata for all the movies in a given library?  i have some images and metadata I would rather not have to recreate. Does the nfo file come into play here or am I just out of luck? 

Thanks again.

i have some images and metadata I would rather not have to recreate

Are these in your media folders with the media? 

dadofhgnadn

I think your asking about the nfo information? Not that I can see. I enabled nfo after I added the library and all my media so I'm not sure if it will update those items.  On a side note can emby work with junctions?

Edited by dadofhgnadn

He means, inside your movie folder are there images? For example: folder.jpg.

And are there any XML files or nfo?

If so you won't have to worry about losing those images or metadata.

Edited by chef

dadofhgnadn

There are images, but no .xml.  Just to be clear, I need to enable nfo before I add videos to a library because its not retroactive ?

Thanks

To answer this original question, it depends on how old your installation is. If it's very old, then I would probably suggest starting fresh. Older installations will not handle these types of migrations as well as newer ones will. If the installation was created in the last year or so, then you'll have more success.