Duplicate Libraries show up

ltworf13
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ltworf13

Hi Folks. I'm new to Emby and I was impatient when I was adding my folders. It wasn't doing the sync fast enough so I removed the folder and re-added it. Now some of my folders are duplicated. How do I resolve please and thank you in advance

Are the folders duplicates in the file system or when you view your media on an emby client?

If your folders are in the midst of copy to a new directory, it is possible for the Emby server to run a media scan during this time and therefore multiple folders will show up in the Emby database.

This is because at the time of the scan two folders exist in the file system. The issue is that emby will log these two folders in the database and gather media art and tag them with metadata.

If this is what you are experiencing then I would suggest shutting down the server, and cleaning up the duplicate folders and finishing the copy paste before loading the server again and allowing the media scan to complete.

Edited by chef

• Solution

I would just delete the duplicates from emby library setup. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

skidmarks

Yes it happens...  Clicking the OK button more than once after setting up a new library. 

Just remove the duplicate library and start over again.  I recall that sometimes they will still appear on the home screen after you remove them.  Don't know if doing a full library scan will fix that, but i do know restarting the server will.

5df1e33389698_Capture.jpg

Welcome to the forum

Edited by skidmarks

ltworf13

ok, just noticed although I removed and added it in my library. it's not showing the list on the emby account login. I've tried refreshing Metadata and scan library and it's still not there which is what happened the first time when I added it a second time and got dups. So I'm afraid to try that again LOL