Question about local permissions

hndrewaall

hndrewaall

Hello, I've been using Emby with embedded ASS subtitles fine for a while w/ my LG 75SJ8570 TV. After leaving for vacation and returning home, it had stopped working (with files I had been watching just before I left). The video playback starts then errors with "Playback error: No compatible streams". If I start with subtitles disabled, it plays fine, until I reenable them, at which point the same error appears. I noticed that the app updated while I was gone to 1.0.20. I tried updating my server to the beta, but the problem persists. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

EDIT: While iOS plays fine, I have this problem with the web client as well!

EDIT 2: There is a JS backtrace I'll post, but first I'm trying to find a version where this didn't happen. Yay Docker!

EDIT 3: Found it!

Not posting full logs cuz they look like they contain API keys. BUT

4.3.0.5 works. It shows it erroring, then retrying as follows:

> plugin.js?v=4.3.0.5:1 Setting new text track index to: -1

4.3.0.6 does not! Instead, it seems to retry track 2 a few times then give up.

Here's the traceback of the error it seems to be getting for track 2: https://pastebin.com/Fz5UkX9z

Hope this helps!

EDIT 4: To be clear, downgrading does not help with my LG app issue, which makes sense, as this is presumably the result of a change in client side logic shared between the web app and the LG app.

Edited by hndrewaall

hndrewaall

What did you want that is not included in my post? Sorry, I was editing it so may have added some things after you replied.

EDIT: nevermind, I just saw the bit about server logs. In poking through them I see that this may be a coincidence of factors as I'm getting some permissions issues, and I did futz around with my FS as well (though again, older versions *do work*). So lemme try to address those.

But again, you ask for full logs, which contain API keys...

Edited by hndrewaall

hndrewaall

Okay, resolved! It was indeed a local permissions issue. Still, maybe interesting that behavior changed somehow where before it could work around it. Oh well! I'm back in business. Sorry for the false alarm!