Thumbnails

UnknownAX

UnknownAX

Hi,

So I've installed Emby on my Synology NAS. I love the look and feel of the whole platform however when thing which is frustrating me is the thumbnails. This may be me doing something wrong.

I've added Media under 'Home' and the thumbnail generation, I've tried setting it to 5/10/30 and chapter settings, however it always seems to generate the sae thumbnail, I've gone in and deleted the image and checked refresh metadata and bam it's the same image.

Am I doing something wrong?

Would it not be possible for the thumbnail generator to make x amount of thumbnails which can be configurable, so I could select what one if I don't like the auto generated. I know we can upload a thumbnail, but that's effort to do for many 'videos'.

Thanks.

UnknownAX

Hi, what do you mean by save the same thumbnail? How are you determining that?

So when I view my videos they have pictures 'thumbnails' showing the different videos. On some the captured image is ok, however on others I want to change them as I can't recognise the video from the generated screengrab. I click Edit image, and delete the current image. I can upload a new image if I prefer, however in the settings for Emby it allows me to change the time 5/10/10 for the thumbnail. If i change this setting nothing happens so I assume that this setting does not change when it takes a 'screengrab/thumbnail'?

Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to do.

The seek thumbnails have nothing to do with the main image of the video. I'm still not sure what you're asking. Can you show a screenshot? Thanks.

UnknownAX

The seek thumbnails have nothing to do with the main image of the video. I'm still not sure what you're asking. Can you show a screenshot? Thanks.

Below is a screenshot, as you can see some of the images are dark for the files. I can see in the log it runs this code.

Is there either a way to make it run at a set time as it seems to vary, or make it take multiple 'images'?

2019-12-12 18:58:44.138 Info App: ProcessRun 'extract-image' Execute: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ss 00:04:16.236 -f matroska -threads 1 -i file:"/volume1/NAS/TV Shows/24/Season 1/24.S01E01.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264.mkv" -an -sn -threads 0 -vframes 1 -vf "scale=600:trunc(ow/a/2)*2,thumbnail=24" -f image2 "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/cache/temp/43aa107d-fbcc-483a-afb3-a6eae8b5b59c.jpg"

2019-12-12 18:58:47.233 Info App: ProcessRun 'extract-image' Execute: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ss 00:04:07.052 -f matroska -threads 1 -i file:"/volume1/NAS/TV Shows/24/Season 1/24.S01E02.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264.mkv" -an -sn -threads 0 -vframes 1 -vf "scale=600:trunc(ow/a/2)*2,thumbnail=24" -f image2 "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/cache/temp/86cc871c-528f-40bd-ad2b-a92181a8db29.jpg"

tUBvswZ.png

It extracts the main thumbnail image at the 10% mark. There are currently no options to control this, but it's possible for the future. Thanks.

UnknownAX

It extracts the main thumbnail image at the 10% mark. There are currently no options to control this, but it's possible for the future. Thanks.

Thanks for clarifying this I thought it was percentage based as the times seemed to depend on length of video.

Am I made to manually change the config, is the value based in MediaBrowser.Controller.xml? or somewhere similar?

UnknownAX

Sorry it is currently hard-coded, but could be added to options in the future.

I understand that, but if I ssh into the box is it editable?

UnknownAX

Is there a reason you have TV setup in Home videos?  

Most shows have online episode image thumbs.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/24/episodes/189256

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1973-24/season/1/episode/2

Sorry, the TV was an example. I have TV library which works fine, but the Home Library is personal videos etc but I like to be able to change the thumbnail so I know which video is which.