Emby 4.3.0.30 on QNAP 453Be no Hardware Transcoding

Tomek_etz1

Tomek_etz1

Hi

Can someone help me to resolve issue with Transcoding on my QNAP.  Settings looks ok and from the logs i can see attempt to start Hardware transcoding but then it fails and falls back to software.

Not sure what the reason is so i`m asking for advice - logs attached

[h264_vaapi @ 0xd8dbc0] No usable encoding profile found.
08:46:19.207 Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
08:46:19.229 Conversion failed!

Regards Tom

Transcoding log.txt

Tomek_etz1

hm not sure is that work around as switching it off will result in software decoding so same as now. Was working fine just before i Upgraded to 4.3.0.30

Is there a way to download previous version ?

vdatanet

hm not sure is that work around as switching it off will result in software decoding so same as now. Was working fine just before i Upgraded to 4.3.0.30

Is there a way to download previous version ?

If you switch off hw hvec decoder, then you will have hvec software decoder and hvec hw encoder. Better than soft decoding and soft encoding. It just fails hw hevc decoding (in some cases) since 4.3.x upgrade.

Edited by vdatanet

Tomek_etz1

If you switch off hw hvec decoder, then you will have hvec software decoder and hvec hw encoder. Better than soft decoding and soft encoding. It just fails hw hevc decoding (in some cases) since 4.3.x upgrade.

Thank you for this - done it. Is there a source i can download previous version of Emby ? I don`t mind to reinstall fresh and restore backup or start fresh fully

vdatanet

Thank you for this - done it. Is there a source i can download previous version of Emby ? I don`t mind to reinstall fresh and restore backup or start fresh fully

You will need a fresh install, but I don't know how you can download a previous version because I'm not a QNAP user. Maybe post in QNAP forum.

Tomek_etz1

Installed Emby 4.4.0.1 Beta on my Qnap and HEVC works fine now however decode works with hardware but Encode to H264 won`t work with hardware so forcing to software. Codec log showing error with profile for 

H.264 (AVC). Disable this and all hardware decoding works fine.

Affected codecs:
>>>>>> VAAPI Device 32902:23173 - H.265 (HEVC)
Adapter #0: 'Device 32902:23173' Id:23173 (Driver: Intel i965 driver for Intel® Broxton - 2.3.0, Vendor: 32902)
Frame Sizes: max 4096x4096
Color Formats: NV12, P010, NV16
Profiles: Main Profile (Level 6 (Main)), Main 10 Profile (Level 6 (Main))

>>>>>> libx264 Software Encoder
Color Formats: YUV420P, YUVJ420P, YUV422P, YUVJ422P, YUV444P, YUVJ444P, NV12, NV16, NV21, YUV420P10, YUV422P10, YUV444P10, NV20
Profiles: Baseline Profile (Level 6.2), Main Profile (Level 6.2), High Profile (Level 6.2), High 10 Profile (Level 6.2), High 4:2:2 Profile (Level 6.2), High 4:4:4 Profile (Level 6.2)

Tomek_etz1

You will need a fresh install, but I don't know how you can download a previous version because I'm not a QNAP user. Maybe post in QNAP forum.

Looks like i can reinstall as many times as i like and no config being lost. 

I notice this is 10-bit input, can you try some other kind of input file and see how that compares? thanks.

Tomek_etz1

I notice this is 10-bit input, can you try some other kind of input file and see how that compares? thanks.

Morning

After some intensive testing i found that h265 codec is not an issue - works fine if i disable encode to h264. If h264 encode enabled then trans coding fails back to software for both. Hope this makes sense 

5df34e12ec34c_2019121308_30_40Transcodin5df34e1dde48e_2019121308_37_33Dashboard.

Tomek_etz1

sorry no 8bit files on my server all in 10Bit, HDR with DTS or Atmos Audio

Tomek_etz1

Hi Luke

I removed and restarted QNAP - installed latest 4.4.0.2 and all is working fine.

Maybe it was corrupted config files etc....

Please close this one as resolved.

Thank you once again for support