Emby Guide Data only has local Channels not cable listed

pwpeplowski

pwpeplowski

Hi,

I am trying to load the best guide data for my server and when I add my zipcode 12020 the only guide data that comes up seems to be for an older cable provider and not Spectrum who I have. Also even when I use the old cable provider it only shows the over the air channels avialable. 

Am I missing something? 

thanks,

Paul

pwpeplowski

Luke,

Sorry for the delay I just got home today. I am using the "Charter Spectrum- Digital (Saratoga Springs) guide data and there are no other cable channels except the local over the air channels "TBS" and the shopping networks when I look at the guide. no other Cable stations show up!

USA-NY31619-L is what it says it is.

I really need to know if there is something I am doing wrong with media center dropping the guide at the end of the month I want to secure another way to keep recording my shows

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Paul

post-311297-0-81878800-1576386962_thumb.jpg

post-311297-0-86216700-1576386963_thumb.jpg

post-311297-0-86383700-1576386964_thumb.jpg

post-311297-0-73159300-1576386965_thumb.jpg

Are you saying the channels you expect aren't showing up at all even in the channels view?

if so, that is not governed by the guide data.  That is governed by what channels your tuner is advertising as available.  Are the missing channels encrypted by your provider?

pwpeplowski

EBR,

yes the channels are not showing in any view I am not sure if they are encrypted by Spectrum but they do show-up in windows media center. is there a way to check to see if they are? Also TBS is showing which is odd as it is considered a cable channel.

thanks,

Paul

pwpeplowski

I just went into mapping and when I hit edit all of the channels are there to select they are just not being shown in the guide view at all 

Because your TV tuner does not have these channels available for viewing. What kind of TV tuner are you using?

pwpeplowski

Happaugue HD homerun dual tuner.

Just so you are aware the current media center requires a cisco STA1520 to allow the media center to get the cable channels. is this an issue using EMBY? 

No, it's not an Emby issue. What you need to do is open the HD Homerun web interface. Make sure the channels are listed there and not marked as DRM, and then Emby will import them.

Are they listed there?

Ok, it works in Windows Media Center because Microsoft has a special license with cable allowing them to do that. We do not have this and therefore it will not work natively with Emby Server.

But...you could keep it going with Windows Media Center, install the ServerWMC software, and then the ServerWMC plugin for Emby and this might allow it to work. It's a more complicated approach and will require you to keep WMC around because it will route everything through WMC, but it should work.

It's three steps:

•  install the ServerWMC software, and get this working independently of Emby Server
  •  Install and configure the server wmc plugin for Emby
  • Refresh the guide data in emby

Since ServerWMC is third party software, we don't specifically have a guide for it here, but I'm sure they do on their website.