Emby showing duplicate entries in the “Continue Watching” section

atrpm

Hello, let’s say that I have 2 versions of a movie 1080p and 4K, I starting watching the 1080p version, the continue watching section will show both versions, 1080p and 4K.

I’m seeing this issue after 4.3.0.30 update.

post-308063-0-65485300-1575858683_thumb.png

Happy2Play

Since items are tracked by providerids (TMDB, TVDB, IMDB) and reside in separate folders, Emby will display as many versions as you have in Continue Watching.  There is currently no way to distinguish media by quality for watched or Resume.

If Multi-versioning is used it will only display one item.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2019 at 7:08 PM, Happy2Play said:

Since items are tracked by providerids (TMDB, TVDB, IMDB) and reside in separate folders, Emby will display as many versions as you have in Continue Watching.  There is currently no way to distinguish media by quality for watched or Resume.

If Multi-versioning is used it will only display one item.

Multi-versioning is not feasible because I want to keep all my 3D titles in one separate folder for easier search, management, identification and updates.

So the problem remains, whenever I watch a bit of the regular 2D version, the 3D title will appear along side the 2D in "Continue Watching."

Is there no way to bypass this? Is the Emby team currently working on an alternative?

Happy2Play
Just now, mbguy said:

Multi-versioning is not feasible because I want to keep all my 3D titles in one separate folder for easier search, management, identification and updates.

So the problem remains, whenever I watch a bit of the regular 2D version, the 3D title will appear along side the 2D in "Continue Watching."

Is there no way to bypass this? Is the Emby team currently working on an alternative?

Minus messing with providerids no (maybe lock one with only imdbid and the other with tmdbid).  Not that I am aware of.

On 9/6/2021 at 1:41 PM, Happy2Play said:

Minus messing with providerids no (maybe lock one with only imdbid and the other with tmdbid).  Not that I am aware of.

Before I "mess with" imdbid and/or tmdbid, just to confirm a couple of things:

1. Multi-versioning is only possible if I put different versions of movie into same folder -- If this is correct, this brings up the question, why doesn't Emby support multi-versioning by using a specific tagging method, instead of using a folder-based approach for multi-versioning?

2. It seems like if an entry has a different metadata, eg. imdbid and tmdbid, then they will be treated as two separate movies and will not displayed on "Continue Watching" -- If yes, this also brings up the question, why doesn't Emby use one of the metadata fields to support multi-versioning when movies are located in different folders?

3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Check out Auto-Grouping plugin, it works accross folders. 

What, there is such an amazing plugin? I will check it out immediately! Thanks for the tip!

Edited by mbguy

Hi, there are presently 3 different ways to create multi-versions.

One is using the folder approach as already mentioned.
Second is by using multi-select to select multiple media objects then using the 3 dot menu use the group versions option.
Third is with the 3rd party Auto-Grouping Plugin.

The first two give you control over what does or doesn't get grouped.

• Like 1