DLNA Howto

wp.rauchholz

wp.rauchholz

Is there a Howto that explains config of DLNA devices?

I do have 4 Yamaha speakers (WX-010/030) on my network. Same network  where emby server is located.

I can ping the speakers and can also acess them through the web, but I don't see them in emby.

Thanks for you help.

Wolfgang

Hi there, can you try powering the speakers off and then back on while emby server is running? Please see if that helps. Thanks.

wp.rauchholz

No I had not.

For this file, I unplugged one louspeaker and fired it up again.

I can see these speakers in appleTV.

Concerning firewall; port 1900 UDP is open.

Wolfgang

embyserver.txt

Ok that's strange.  You may want to double check the firewall because this log has no mention of the Yamaha speakers ever being detected. What Dlna features do they support?

wp.rauchholz

This is a copy/paste from the manual: "Plays various supported content with high quality sound• Plays music from DLNA servers/Internet radio ( P.17), AirPlay and Bluetooth"

Firewall:

• Emby is installed on my homeserver (CENTOS 7). Has an external NIC and an internal NIC for the LAN. All devices are on the LAN
  • This is the part of the firewall that opens the port on the internal NIC: iptables -A INPUT -i $INT_DEV -p udp -m state --state NEW -m udp --dport 1900 -j ACCEPT

• That is what I get when running: iptables -nvL | grep 1900 -->   126 19834 ACCEPT     udp  --  enp3s0 *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            state NEW udp dpt:1900

Can you see anything wrong here?

Thanks, Wolfgang

So then maybe it doesn't support play to which is why you don't see them in emby. So then you have to browse emby server content from the Yamaha.