Emby 4.3.0.30 Folder issues

Heinrich

Heinrich

I have 4.3.0.30 running on an Unraid server.

Ever since the update to 4.3.0.30 I am having artwork trouble with my folder movies. I don't know if it's ALL folders but I do know that all affected titles are folders. I'll give one example.

Sin City currently has Star Trek The Motion Picture thumbnail in the Emby web interface. If I update it to Sin City through Identify it will stick. However, all of my Star Trek movies (older ones only that are folders not my ISOs) flip to Sin City along with a few other folders - Superman Batman Apocolypse, Sucker Punch ...

Now if I go back and fix those I will actually get a higher percentage of accurate thumbnails - but - Sin City will eventually flip to one of the Star Trek thumbnails!

If I look at the artwork on the server - either within the Sin City folder or outside of it, all the artwork labelled Sin City is accurate and all the Star Trek artwork is accurate.

I'm very confused about all the artwork storage locations and cache options between emby and Kodi to the point I go crosseyed - I do have artwork in both locations (inside and outside the folder) and probably different locations in Kodi as well however for purposes of testing the past few days I've completely removed Kodi from the picture.

@@Happy2Play

@@cayars

Happy2Play

What is the library content type?  May need to go over the library folder structure also.

Can post screenshots of the issue.  But it sounds like Folders view inheriting image for items within that folder.

• Like 1

Heinrich

The first screenshot is of my view in EMBY. Of course, Kodi inherits these. Notice how folders inherit last produced poster suddenly. That's one I uploaded for an independent documentary ...

The second one is of the files at my MOVIES main folder level. I don't think that the art files were at that level previously. But notice that there's a somewhat generically named poster file. That file is what some - but not all - of the folder ripped movies are showing (as in screenshot 1.) 

I have had the same folder structure since 2009. I did migrate from WHS2011 to unraid in 2017. content is a mix of bluray iso, bluray folder, 4k uhd iso, 3d iso and even a couple dvd iso's

MOVIES (main folder)

---Star Trek (2009) folder

---BDMV folder

---Certificate folder

---X-Men

---xmen.bluray.iso

as an example

Edited by Heinrich

Happy2Play

If every movie has its own folder, all of those images and nfo are in the wrong place.  There was a bug ages ago that could have done this though, if I am interpreting this information correctly.

• Like 1

Heinrich

yes every movie has its own folder.

Today I re-ripped every movie NOT in a collection to an iso and replaced the folders. Just so that my flat view within KODI wasn't so ugly with the repetitive wrong image. Here's where it gets interesting - the problem did fix itself for every single one of those movies. However, it then migrated itself into the Lord of the Rings collection which is a batch of folders previously not effected. 

ARGH.

I do have a recollection of this being a problem a while back. Maybe even as long as 2 years.

And now KODI is complaining about Fellowship of the Ring not being in the Library and should I delete it. Well it's there, I haven't done anything with it, validated through Windows Explorer, still there.

Note: collection folder structure is the same as listed above. It's only a library organizational view - not a physical folder structure. Just to be totally clear.

Edited by Heinrich

From the picture above it looks like multiple movies all in one directory to me which could easily cause grief.

Heinrich

The folder view above is the art images only. Not movies. Here is the entire movie folder. I feel like I'm posting my tax returns ! :) you will see the beginnings of the art files on the very bottom row.

5df001764e208_UnraidFolder.png

Edited by Heinrich

Happy2Play

Everything outside of the media folders should be deleted, but am not sure if there is a database issue in this case for all of those items @@Luke .  I will have to test again, but are you saying new BDMV or ISO media is still placing images and nfo files outside the media folder?

**I know my tests with iso and bdmv folder media do not currently do this.

Edited by Happy2Play

are you saying new BDMV or ISO media is still placing images and nfo files outside the media folder?

This would be good info to find out. This issue for existing items might actually be due to the 3.5 -> 4.0 upgrade from January. If this is true, this can be resolved by moving the entire folder out of your library temporarily, running a scan of all libraries to flush out the database, then adding it back.

Heinrich

As far as making new folders - it's the opposite. The folders go back to ~2011-2013. I switched to ISO then. So the folders are the oldest in my collection.

I have 11TB of movies. You want me to move these to, say "Documents" so they're invisible to Emby, scanning, then moving back in? Do I need to keep manual record of my watched flags?

Edited by Heinrich

Happy2Play

New .iso are not getting art folders in the main directory - they are going in the folder w/the .iso

So this would be a quirk for existing items.  As Luke mentioned you will have to remove them, scan, then re-add them.

As far as making new folders - it's the opposite. The folders go back to ~2011-2013. I switched to ISO then. So the folders are the oldest in my collection.

I have 11TB of movies. You want me to move these to, say "Documents" so they're invisible to Emby, scanning, then moving back in? Do I need to keep manual record of my watched flags?

You don't necessarily have to move the original files. You could also just remove the library from Emby, run a full scan to clear out the database, then add it back.

Heinrich

Well I didn't see that. What I did was rename MOVIES to BLABLA and created a MOVIES that was blank folder. From there, I rescanned. Everything dropped out of the library - the MOVIES folder had every movie folder recreated but with only a .nfo inside. (I'm assuming Emby did that.)

Everything looked great for 3 days or so.

Now I notice that at 4:18pm today, 300 has art files outside of all of those individual movie folders. It's an .mkv (a HD-DVD but programs dropped support for hd-dvd.iso a long time ago.) 

It's the only one, but I wonder if it's starting again.

Edited by Heinrich

Heinrich

There are still 12-15 folders yes. 300 is the very first in the collection. It's the only one whose images popped outside onto the main directory (so far.)