Media titles not showing

Familia Chapin

Familia Chapin

Hi all,

On my tcl roku TV, i am having an issue where once i select a library, the titles of the content/folders do not show under the thumbnail. When highlighted, the title properly shows at the top of the page however.

If that file level 2 (level 1 being the home page with the libraries) has a folder, that next level 3 correctly shows the title under the thumbnail (including at to of page) but has sorting issues. Level 3 does not sort in alphabetical order even though it is selected. It seems to be random (i can't determine the pattern). If there is a level 4 folder, the title under thumbnail and sorting resume correctly.

In summary:

Level 1 folder everything is fine

Level 2 sorted correctly but no title under thumbnail

Level 3 title under thumbnail but not sorting correctly

Level 4 everything is correct.

Any ideas? Thank you for your help!

Edited by Familia Chapin

Hi there, can you please go over a specific example? I'm having a hard time visualizing this.

Also how does the web app compare?

Maybe some screen shots of your library in Explorer (Assuming Windows) and of how the library appears in Emby would help explain.

Familia Chapin

Web appears fine so does Android.

So on the homepage i have various libraries. We'll choose "TV Series". I can see all the libraries with their names under each tile so i can select it. As i highlight the tile/library "TV series" that name also shows at the top of the screen to signify i highlighted it.

Once i select it on the next page i have various folders for each series. On this page i only see thumbnails without name under the thumbnail. So I'd have to highlight each tile to see what it is. Once highlighted the name shows at the top of the screen. Now i will choose the folder "impulse".

In the impulse folder (i have made 2 elections at this point so I'm in the 3rd level of the folder tree), each thumbnail has the title showing under it so i can see what each file is. The files are all out of sort though. All the file names are the same minutes episode number. It shows in this order: 1, 8, 5, 2, 7, 10, 4, 3, 9, 6.

It is on the TV so i can take screenshots of that helps :)

Familia Chapin

The pictures are kind of big. But the first page is the home page and it fine. The second page shows where I first entered the library and it shows at the top of the screen but the thumbnails don't have titles. The next on the the folder down the titles returned but the files are out of sort. And the last shows my windows file hierarchy. Hope this is sufficient. Let me know if you need more.

5deb33554c9d7_1.jpg

5deb3342cc17e_2.jpg

5deb332342735_3.jpg

5deb33196e323_4.jpg

Edited by Familia Chapin

Happy2Play

From those screenshots it does not look like anything is Identified (Series-Season-Episodes).

Right, it does look like this is pure folder browsing.  What is the library type?

FYI the current beta of the app has the option to show titles on all of those screens.

Familia Chapin

Sorry i should say that the library for is home video. That's an important fact!

I would need to retitle my library from over the years and i don't have the time to do that just yet... But i will once my one year old give me time lol.

If i manually resort a fort to another category then back to alphabetical, it sorts right. I will look for the beta app and give that a try.