Emby Server (Linux Mint) - Permanently Mount a USB Hard Drive in NTFS Format

Dave3000

Dave3000

I'm having a hard time mounting my USB hard drive that is NTFS formatted and as a result Emby Server (Linux) can't detect my Movies and TV Shows directory on my USB hard drive.  I even edited the fstab file with the correct UUID of the USB hard drive but ended up with an emergency login instead of a normal login next time I rebooted into Linux Mint and no permanently mounted USB hard drive. Is there a Emby Server setup guide for Linux somewhere online that mentions how to mount USB hard drives that are in NTFS format?

mastrmind11

I'm having a hard time mounting my USB hard drive that is NTFS formatted and as a result Emby Server (Linux) can't detect my Movies and TV Shows directory on my USB hard drive.  I even edited the fstab file with the correct UUID of the USB hard drive but ended up with an emergency login instead of a normal login next time I rebooted into Linux Mint and no permanently mounted USB hard drive. Is there a Emby Server setup guide for Linux somewhere online that mentions how to mount USB hard drives that are in NTFS format?

This has nothing to do w/ Emby.  Linux doesn't support NTFS natively.  You'll need to install the support package before Linux will even allow you to mount it.  IIRC its called something like ntfs-3g.  Google has tons of information regarding mounting NTFS drives in Linux, I'd start there.