Server doesn´t accept my music folder

blacklistme

blacklistme

Hi,

I have setup my first emby server and I like it :)

I run into a probem while configure a librarys music folder: I have mounted a nfs share to my emby sever to /mnt/music with permissions 777. I can access and modify files from cli. If I try to add this folder to a library nothing happens - nothing. The library setup shows the folder /mnt/music I can select it, but it is not shown in the folder line. I can then add the path manually and scan the library but with no result.

Could you pleae asssist.

Thanks

blacklistme

selecting /mnt/music here:

5de9f5c0c618b_emby1.pngcausing this:

5de9f62023a9b_emby2.png

If I choose anonther folder, the folder name is displayed in the line "Folder:" .

Can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do that? I think we will see that Emby Server is being denied permission to access that folder. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I am in the same situation, both mounted under /media, one can be caught, the other can not be caught

Hi there. Can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do that? I think we will see that Emby Server is being denied permission to access that folder.  I would also suggest checking out this topic on file permissions:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32218-file-permissions-guide-for-new-linux-users/

Thanks.