4 replies to this topic

#1 burnt_hare OFFLINE  

burnt_hare

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 03:52 AM

Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:12 PM

Good day,

I have Emby Server running on my iMac which is running OSX High Sierra.  I have my music, movies and tv shows on my FreeBSD server which is running FBSD 12.1 (latest patches).  The server is running Samba 4.10.  I have a share setup for all my media files which both Emby and iTunes have access to.

My ACL permissions on my FBSD server are set correctly.  I can access the Samba share from my iMac.  iTunes has no issues downloading or playing music, tv or movies from the share.  I can delete, move and otherwise modify files on the Samba share.  Everything is authenticated through Active Directory which is also running on my FBSD server in a jail.

The install of Emby on the iMac went without issue.  Emby accesses the media directories and shows all the media.  It will play the music files.  It will not play any videos files.

The error for video files depends on which client I use.  When accessing Emby using the iMac, it will "play" the video file but there is no video or audio.  It shows a black screen with a time progress metre moving as time ticks away.  There are no errors provided.

When I access it from another computer on the network, it gives me the "Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available.  Please try again later...".

I've attached the ffmpeg transcode log file for your review.

Is there something basic that I'm missing?

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146246 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:12 PM

Hi there @burnt_hare, are you still running into this?

Did you forget to attach the ffmpeg log? Thanks.

#3 burnt_hare OFFLINE  

burnt_hare

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:18 PM

Hi Luke,

Thank you for the reply. 

Sorry, I don't know what happened with the log file.  I remember attaching it.  In any case, I figured out the issue.  iTunes had replaced some of my movies with DRM protected versions.  I've corrected that.  The only niggling item I have is when I'm playing a 4k mkv movie.

I am in the midst of transitioning my media server from a linux box to my FBSD server.  I can stream a 4k mkv movie from my linux box without any issues.  When I try to do the same with Emby, it plays for a few seconds then freezes for a few seconds, then plays for a few seconds.  I am wondering if it is a transcoder issue?

Thanks.

#4 burnt_hare OFFLINE  

burnt_hare

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:43 PM

It seems that any video with HEVC will not run properly (stutter) whether it is 4k or 1080p.

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 146246 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:13 PM

It seems that any video with HEVC will not run properly (stutter) whether it is 4k or 1080p.

@burnt_hare can we look at an example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users