Emby sticks @ server selection

Aknight2015

Aknight2015

Everytime I try to select a server it disconnects and sticks at the spinning circle. I checked for updates, says it's up to date.

Aknight2015

When connected it displays the time and either my username or email address in the upper right corner. When I initially start it up it displayed them just fine. So I select a server and it displays neither as the circle just spins. I've waited for up to 5 minutes and nothing happens.

Hi.  Is the server you are selecting running and available on the network?  Are you able to back out of the spinning circle and select a different server?

Have you tried connecting to the server manually by entering the address?

I'm thinking that it is possible that the address of the server changed since it was saved in the app.  The answers to my questions will help determine that.

Thanks.

Aknight2015

Valid concern. If that was the case why would only the roku app stick and not the Samsung SmartHub app stick. Both connect to the same server.

Valid concern. If that was the case why would only the roku app stick and not the Samsung SmartHub app stick. Both connect to the same server.

Because each app caches the server information.

I was invited to the server. Where can I find the info so I can try to connect manually?

@@Aknight2015 you'd have to request this information from whoever invited you.

Tried it, same result.

Hi, tried, what exactly? Did you talk to the administrator of the emby server that you're trying to connect to?

Aknight2015

Look. The issue is not the server. I could connect just fine using the Samsung SmartTV Emby app, as well as the Android Emby app. The ONLY app that won't connect is the Roku app.

lala7625

I am having the exact same issue. When trying to connect to the saved server info via EmbyConnect, I can choose my username and the next screen is just a spinning circle and never changes.

If I add the server manually, I get to a Welcome to Emby screen with my username in the top right and Emby and Home in the top left.

I can connect to Emby everywhere else perfectly, just not the Roku app.

Roku is up to date. I even removed the Emby channel and re-added and am getting the same results.

We have some updates to that section (login,authentication,etc) of the app to address some issues where things would hang. This work done already may solve the problem. We are working on this and the very next Roku Beta will have improvements to this area that you can confirm fixes the issue or not.

We will compare our present Beta against Emby Connect to make sure these changes solve the problem. I am sure they do but you never know. Nobody is perfect.

If any problems appear with Emby Connect I personally will come back here and make mention of it. This issue may already be solved but I will run back through this again and try to find anywhere it breaks to double down my confidence. Please bear with us and stay tuned. This is a priority. It will be resolved. Thanks for choosing Emby. :)

Edited by speechles

• 1 month later...
les ismore

Emby has worked fine for me for the last few months. But starting about at New Year's, I'm getting ditto results as these posts with my free Emby beta. "The spinning wheel's, got to go 'round" :wacko: I'll just keep checking back for resolutions. Thanx.

Emby has worked fine for me for the last few months. But starting about at New Year's, I'm getting ditto results as these posts with my free Emby beta. "The spinning wheel's, got to go 'round" :wacko: I'll just keep checking back for resolutions. Thanx.

Hi.  Can we please look at an example?

Thanks.

How to Report a Problem

mercymanic@gmail.com

I'm having the same issue. Since the update I can't connect on the Roku no matter what I do.

mercymanic@gmail.com

Tried Add Server, connect to server and got "-3 Bad URL, Colon is the first character"