Add option for blur of background in certain locations

arrbee99

arrbee99

Normally I'm not a fan of blur over backdrops, I want to see my backdrops in all their glory, however I feel it could enhance the Home page and Movie / TV pages to liven up the background a smidge if desired (and hence be optional).

e.g.

5de97fb06c76e_Embybackgroundblur3.jpg

A dyanmic blur such as this is something that would never make it into all apps because not every device has the horsepower to render this sort of thing on the fly.

The only way it could work with every app would be to just skip it and use something pre-made the blue radiance background.

arrbee99

Fair enough. I shall bow to your superior knowledge.

Perhaps there could be a few, I dunno, different radiance backgrounds, or a 'use the following saved blurry image library' backgrounds.

Am sure you've got a lot of stuff higher up the list though :)

You can find lots of good ones on Google images. See if you can find any. Maybe if there are some really good ones we can think about using them.

arrbee99

You're right -

5de9ebc6d519b_EmbyBlurrysearch.jpg

but most look really good to me.

I imagine it would be best to 'roll your own' to avoid any copyright issues though.

And also, they sometimes don't render that well on all devices - looking "blotchy".

Android TV does actually have a few themes that use a different color variation of the Blue Radiance background for a bit more "flair".  The default theme (dark) is plain just to be sure it has a broad appeal and gradient monochrome (black/gray) images like the above tend to show that blotchiness the most..