PlayTo Samsung UNEH5300 - playback stops about 2 minutes short.

ihayes916

ihayes916

Frequently, while playing various tv shows, when using the PlayTo feature (from my nexus7 android app to the samsung tv), play back will just stop about 2-3 minutes short.  Has anyone ever seen this behavior?

Does not seem to happen all the time, but enough to be annoying.   :)

When it does happen, what logs (location) can I provide?

I'm using the standard SamsugTV profile.

Thanks!!!

Edited by ihayes916

• 3 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Are you files being transcoded?

I just noticed the same thing on my Samsung LN46C600.  Then I noticed MBS (v3.0.5289.18702) was transcoding mp4's when this was happening.  I already cleared my logs but it said something like "disconnected" and an error would pop up on TV.

In the Samsung TV profile I added mp4 to the Responses.  This eliminated the transcoding and stopping issue.

<Conditions />
    </ResponseProfile>
    <ResponseProfile container="mp4" type="Video" mimeType="video/x-mp4">
      <Conditions />

Are you files being transcoded?

I just noticed the same thing on my Samsung LN46C600.  Then I noticed MBS (v3.0.5289.18702) was transcoding mp4's when this was happening.  I already cleared my logs but it said something like "disconnected" and an error would pop up on TV.

In the Samsung TV profile I added mp4 to the Responses.  This eliminated the transcoding and stopping issue.

You sure that's all you did? Because that should affect the response headers, not whether it transcodes or not.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

Clean Server log playing from last chapter of a show transcoding and stopping early with default Samsung TV profile.

Clean log adding mp4 to responses

One thing I did noticed doing this was chapters no long worked but seek did. before adding it chapters worked and seek didn't.

ihayes916

hello all....

not sure about the whether or not the file was being transcoded...

one thing i did do, and i've tried this w/ many of my tv series and it seems to have resolved my issue; cleared all the metadata (physically delete everything in the folder except the video files) and let MB3 readd...then refresh in the metadata manger.

See- a lot of the show I have had metadata pulled from "Media Center Master", before I switched everything to MB3.  So, I thought maybe it had something to do w/ that...

So, again, cleared it all out, let MB3 to the refresh and all seems to be working well....

Does this "solution" make any sense....or is it coincidental?