A new version of our Apple TV app is rolling out now. Your device should upgrade automatically. This version cleans up a few things and lays the groundwork for the next release which should have some long-awaited improvements. In this release:
New Features / Improvements:
- Rebuilt the startup / login flow to better align with the other Emby applications. This should significantly improve the reliability of the startup / sign in process.
- Apple TV Top Shelf Improvements:
- Top Shelf is now updated when the app enters the foreground or when playback stops.
- Top Shelf sections have been updated to align with the other Emby applications (Continue Watching, Next Up, Latest Movies)
- Top Shelf images now match that of other Emby applications
- Home screen now dynamically adds the Continue Watching section when appropriate
- Movie Suggestions screen now dynamically adds the Continue Watching section when appropriate
- Shows Suggestions screen now dynamically adds the Continue Watching section when appropriate
- Improved internationalization support on most screens. This includes significantly more languages as well as improving consistency in naming where possible.
- Fixed an issue where backdrop images weren't included in the Continue Watching section of the home screen of the app
- The app will no longer make requests for images that don't exist. This would cause server logs to be polluted with errors
- Movie images for the Continue Watching section on the home screen have been corrected
- Fixed an issue where a loader would display when backing out of music playback
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Person Detail from displaying in newer server versions
View the full article