Import Overviews for music albums

chander421

chander421

Hi,

I think the music library with Emby is better than on Plex and would like to switch over but i have like a thousand of albums with already written overviews in tags (REVIEW tag-Vorbis Comment for FLAC).

So, i would like to automatically import these overviews within Emby. Is there an easy way to tweak Emby for importing these overviews? 

Thanks for your help!

Edited by chander421

chander421

Nope, it's just a review of my albums in French... I see what you means: every song of the same album has the same review in their metadatas. Much redondance but I can't find another way to save them per album if I want to keep these reviews in tags.

Edited by chander421

chander421

Right. Like genres that are embedded into the song file but per album once imported by emby.

Edited by chander421

Well it's really song level metadata, so we'd have to figure out how the album screen would incorporate this.

Ok, but isn't it the same for the genres?

Thanks

No because we can easily add up the list of genres and assign them all to the album. This is a little trickier though.

I'm also a little unclear on if this data is song-specific or album-specific and duplicated in each song.

@@ginjaninja

@@Vicpa

Do you use this tag?

chander421

Ok, thanks for your help and quick answer. Clearly, as there is no possibilities to add a tag per album (except with .nfos/xml), this comment/review tag must be the same for all tracks of a specific album. But it is clear that one could also imagine commenting on each track of the album, although this is against the goal of directly importing the overview that appears on the album's web page...

• Like 2

ginjaninja

No because we can easily add up the list of genres and assign them all to the album. This is a little trickier though.

I'm also a little unclear on if this data is song-specific or album-specific and duplicated in each song.

@@ginjaninja

@@Vicpa

Do you use this tag?

i dont use.

@@ginjaninja

@@Vicpa

Do you use this tag?

Hi

I don't use this tag. 

jlambie

Ok, thanks for your help and quick answer. Clearly, as there is no possibilities to add a tag per album (except with .nfos/xml), this comment/review tag must be the same for all tracks of a specific album. But it is clear that one could also imagine commenting on each track of the album, although this is against the goal of directly importing the overview that appears on the album's web page...

Just out of interest @@chander421, how could someone add an overview tag using .nfos or xml?

I would love to accomplish this at album level too. At the moment I copy and paste info into the overview section in the metadata, so anything to make this more automated would be great.

The only issue though for me with the overview is that with the music libraries in the Emby iOS client, the overview and Music Brainz and other metadata links were removed as users didn’t want to scroll down through lots of information. As much of my Emby use is on the go via iOS, this has a huge impact on this.

What I would like - not sure if you’re after the same - would be overviews and metadata I can click on to access out with Emby, would really enhance the experience I think.

chander421

Just out of interest @@chander421, how could someone add an overview tag using .nfos or xml?

I would love to accomplish this at album level too. At the moment I copy and paste info into the overview section in the metadata, so anything to make this more automated would be great.

With Mediaelch (https://www.kvibes.de/mediaelch/), you can create .nfo for music at album and artist level. 

You still need to populate these nfos by copy/paste but just once as Emby and Plex (with a twist) read those.

As Emby can also create these .nfos, i was hoping that I could import these overviews directly from my metadata, like genres...
Edited by chander421
  • Like 1

jlambie

Thanks @@chander421.

NFO files are a new thing for me - I need to check them out. Thanks for the heads-up about Mediaelch. Hopefully some kind soul will have done a YouTube video!

Ultimately anything that improves the metadata experience for music in Emby is good.

• Like 1