Ratatouille

Ratatouille

192 kbts 48

6 channel aac  Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity

Sound not decoded but are decoded on Samung TV Emby app

No problem with

384 kbs 48 6 channel AC3 dolby

640 kbs 6 channel ac3 dolby

Hi there, can you describe the problem a little bit more? I don't quite understand the issue. Thanks !

Ratatouille

When I say not decoded I mean my amplifier instead to go to digital sounds 5.1 or 6.1 goes to two channels sound (stereo)

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Ratatouille

Well not sure about it shield connected directly to tv hdmi1 witch is directly connected to amplifier by hdmi audio return arc

In this configuration 5.1 on shield Netflix, Plex are working even emby app from Samsung tv

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Yes,  I would like to see an example as well but I don't think standard ARC supports multi-channel PCM.  Have you thought about connecting the Shield to the AVR and then take the video out from there to the TV?

Ratatouille

You really should have an option to transcode non bitstreamed audio with 3 channels or more, to AC3 384Kb/s.

Is this option in emby app for shield?

By the way I connected the shield directly does not make any difference exept neflix on the receiver says" Digital Plus" instead of "Digital"

Guest asrequested

Is this option in emby app for shield?

There isn't an option for that anywhere, that's why I'm suggesting it. 

Have you thought about connecting the Shield to the AVR and then take the video out from there to the TV?

By the way I connected the shield directly does not make any difference exept neflix on the receiver says" Digital Plus" instead of "Digital"

So you connected the shield to your receiver and your 6 channel AAC came out in stereo?