Viewing a group of folders together

tp546

Okay I didn't have the xml plugin installed so I just installed it and restarted the server. There are no settings for the plugin - how do I get it to import my xml data?

Okay I didn't have the xml plugin installed so I just installed it and restarted the server. There are no settings for the plugin - how do I get it to import my xml data?

There are none needed. Now all you have to do is add new content into Emby Server with pre-existing xml files and then it will be used.

Since you've already imported content this is a little tricky and we don't have a great way for you to do this. You might want to remove the library, run a full scan to flush out the database, then add it back.

Consider switching to nfo files as this is the format built into Emby Server and this is what gets the majority of testing. 

If I delete everything, won't I lose all my viewing history and favorites?

When did the transition happen from xml to nfo and how was it handled at the time?

When did the transition happen from xml to nfo and how was it handled at the time?

4-5 years ago. It's been a long time.

If I delete everything, won't I lose all my viewing history and favorites?

Most likely not.

Gotcha. Obviously I haven't been paying close attention for a while. How did you originally transition people over?

Back then, the server still contained more logic to handle xml.  Over the years, we have weaned it out.