Viewing a group of folders together

tp546

Can someone help me out on how to set my folders up in a way that when I enter the folder from the main menu, rather than showing a group of subfolders, it just combines all of the media items from the folders I have added to that main folder?

If it helps - the use case is that I have a folder called "all movies" and it has 3 folders - HD movies 1, HD movies 2,and DVD movies. I'd like to open that "all movies" folder and have everything from the other 3 listed so that I can view by genre, etc. I have a Christmas genre that we always used and this year it isn't functioning the same way and my wife isn't happy about it.

Thanks!

Happy2Play

What client/app?  What library content type?  Only Folders view or Mixed Content will give you a folders view.  Movies gives you a flat list of movies.

I am viewing them in wmc. The folder type is set to movies - so you're saying I have it set up correctly for what I want to do?

I am using the emby for wmc version for windows 7 - I'm not home at the moment so not sure what version. The server version should be current.

Please let me know the exact version numbers of both when you can.

Thanks.

Server version is 4.3.0.30

WMC version is 3.0.307.0

I enabled Legacy Browsing and restarted both emby server and WMC, but no luck. Any other suggestions?

You have to run the beta version of EMC in addition I changed my content type from Movies to Mixed Content as my documentary library has both TV and Movie content for Movies I have several subfolders of Movie type under a top folder.

Although somehow my Christmas genre only has 3 movies now and it used to have about 30. Would Emby have deleted the genre I added to all these movies? Not sure how else it could have happened.

Happy2Play

Although somehow my Christmas genre only has 3 movies now and it used to have about 30. Would Emby have deleted the genre I added to all these movies? Not sure how else it could have happened.

It shouldn't have, does the metadata still have that genre?

Do they appear in the web client?

No they don't. When I look at the Metadata in meta browser, which is where I originally added it, it still shows up there though.

@@Luke I think you're misunderstanding my question - my genre data is stored in the xml file in the respective movie folder - how can migrate that genre data to wherever Emby reads genre data from? Is there a way to do that?

Assuming it's on the xml format that we support, and assuming you have the xml metadata plugin installed, then it should have already been imported.

If this didn't happen then let's look at some examples of your xml. Thanks.