group the media in collections is no longer possible since the update 4.3

jesmo

Since the last update the grouping of collections is no longer possible for me. Davot did it all without problems. Is this a bug?

Since the last update the grouping of collections is no longer possible for me. Davot did it all without problems. Is this a bug?

Hi there, why do you feel this is no longer possible? Can you please describe your issue in more detail? Thanks.

Despite this setting, the movies are no longer grouped. Everything worked fine before the update. Synlogy 218

post-525270-0-22378400-1575476902_thumb.jpg

Edited by jesmo

I found a problem. It's up to the sorting. Is this a Bug or alright?

Sorting "date added" ------------ no group

Sorting A-Z ----------------------- group ok

Can anybody confirm this?

That was not the case before the update.

Yes that's by design because the sorting takes place after the collection substitution. When you sort by date added, you want this to be based on date added of the movies, right, and not the date you added the collection.

In order to make that sort work properly it's going to take a fair amount of additional work, so because we're not ready to do that yet, we've just disabled it for now.

5de89a035efa5_Untitled.png

resoursedu

Hi, I think this function is important to users. would you plz add a radio button to enable or disable this function.

thank you

Yes that's by design because the sorting takes place after the collection substitution. When you sort by date added, you want this to be based on date added of the movies, right, and not the date you added the collection.

In order to make that sort work properly it's going to take a fair amount of additional work, so because we're not ready to do that yet, we've just disabled it for now.

5de89a035efa5_Untitled.png

No, that's not the right approach. Once the sorting features are improved, then it will stay grouped even when sorting.

Well it's not fine when people tell you that the sorting doesn't work. That's why we're not going to even try until it completely works. Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 year later...