Emby Theater for Windows not working .

Assasin_Zer0

ParcelRot

I did some more testing - if I pick any resolution that has the number of vertical lines greater than 1440 (for example, 2560x1600 or 2048x1536) Emby Theater doesn't work - it shows up in taskbar, but nothing is shown on the screen, although it behaves as if it is 100% transparent as I can hear UI sounds if it has focus.

ParcelRot

I may have found a workaround that may help others --- I forced Windows 8 compatibility mode on the Emby Theater shortcut. The Emby Theater window now renders correctly. This is certainly a strange bug, as everything was fine a few hours earlier.

If I reverse the compatibility mode I get the invisible window again.

ParcelRot

I believe I found a solution, at least for myself: the problem occurred after I assigned an ICC profile to the TV (in the display adapter settings). I was using the Rec2020 ICC profile file from:
http://color.support/iccprofiles.html

This messes up Emby Theater and *also* messes up Chrome. In the latter, with the Rec2020 ICC profile set as the default profile for the TV, Chrome will only show a transparent window several seconds after launching Chrome! I guess this ICC profile is not compatible with the Chrome or Electron browser renderers...if I remove the ICC profile or set it to the built-in sRGB profile in Windows 10, everything works again.

ParcelRot

I did a quick google search to see if Rec2020 ICC profiles have issues with Chrome (and other browsers) and it looks like there can be. Scroll down to the Rec2020 section of this document and it mentions software problems unless you use a specially made Rec2020 ICC profile with a workaround:

https://github.com/saucecontrol/Compact-ICC-Profiles

7 hours ago, ParcelRot said:

I believe I found a solution, at least for myself: the problem occurred after I assigned an ICC profile to the TV (in the display adapter settings). I was using the Rec2020 ICC profile file from:
http://color.support/iccprofiles.html

This messes up Emby Theater and *also* messes up Chrome. In the latter, with the Rec2020 ICC profile set as the default profile for the TV, Chrome will only show a transparent window several seconds after launching Chrome! I guess this ICC profile is not compatible with the Chrome or Electron browser renderers...if I remove the ICC profile or set it to the built-in sRGB profile in Windows 10, everything works again.

That's interesting, thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
crazy4emby

Switching this to minimized for me worked. It actually does open the window and you can see it, fullscreen.  Right click on the file to get the properties. 

Edited by crazy4emby
  • Thanks 1