Emby Theater for Windows not working .

Assasin_Zer0

ParcelRot

I did some more testing - if I pick any resolution that has the number of vertical lines greater than 1440 (for example, 2560x1600 or 2048x1536) Emby Theater doesn't work - it shows up in taskbar, but nothing is shown on the screen, although it behaves as if it is 100% transparent as I can hear UI sounds if it has focus.

ParcelRot

I may have found a workaround that may help others --- I forced Windows 8 compatibility mode on the Emby Theater shortcut. The Emby Theater window now renders correctly. This is certainly a strange bug, as everything was fine a few hours earlier.

If I reverse the compatibility mode I get the invisible window again.

ParcelRot

I believe I found a solution, at least for myself: the problem occurred after I assigned an ICC profile to the TV (in the display adapter settings). I was using the Rec2020 ICC profile file from:
http://color.support/iccprofiles.html

This messes up Emby Theater and *also* messes up Chrome. In the latter, with the Rec2020 ICC profile set as the default profile for the TV, Chrome will only show a transparent window several seconds after launching Chrome! I guess this ICC profile is not compatible with the Chrome or Electron browser renderers...if I remove the ICC profile or set it to the built-in sRGB profile in Windows 10, everything works again.

Luke
7 hours ago, ParcelRot said:

I believe I found a solution, at least for myself: the problem occurred after I assigned an ICC profile to the TV (in the display adapter settings). I was using the Rec2020 ICC profile file from:
http://color.support/iccprofiles.html

This messes up Emby Theater and *also* messes up Chrome. In the latter, with the Rec2020 ICC profile set as the default profile for the TV, Chrome will only show a transparent window several seconds after launching Chrome! I guess this ICC profile is not compatible with the Chrome or Electron browser renderers...if I remove the ICC profile or set it to the built-in sRGB profile in Windows 10, everything works again.

That's interesting, thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...