Series Recording question

Soggybottoms

Soggybottoms

Hi,

I have recently been having an issue with a particular program trying to add as a series recording in Emby.

Some info regarding the setup : Running the latest version of Emby server on Ubuntu 18. The guide data is fed to Emby via xteve, but it is pulled via Schedules Direct using mc2xml.

Once the series recording is added according to the Emby server logs it creates the timers without error :

2019-12-02 23:10:40.105 Info LiveTV: Creating recording timer for random chars, NBC 5 News at 6pm. Timer will fire in 1128.33157190167 minutes
2019-12-02 23:10:40.110 Info LiveTV: Creating recording timer for random chars, NBC 5 News at 6pm. Timer will fire in 2568.33149158833 minutes
2019-12-02 23:10:40.116 Info LiveTV: Creating recording timer for random chars, NBC 5 News at 6pm. Timer will fire in 4008.33139198833 minutes
2019-12-02 23:10:40.121 Info LiveTV: Creating recording timer for random chars, NBC 5 News at 6pm. Timer will fire in 5448.33130207667 minutes

However the web gui in Emby is showing that only the next night scheduled program is set to record :

5de5f5d6c24bc_schedule.jpg

I've tried different settings for this particular series recording, but nothing seems to make a difference. I noticed this started happening last week. Any ideas on how to fix or what might be going on?

Thanks!

Edited by Soggybottoms

Soggybottoms

Then why not drop SD and just use the Emby Guide Data option?

Luke,

I still keep SD mainly because I run tvheadend as my backend server for my devices running Kodi and since I like to keep things centralized this is why I point Emby to use the xteve data. Overall the setup works well, but this appears to be my only problem and it just started a few weeks ago (prior I wasn't having any issues).

I had a few minutes to look at the xml data being downloaded from SD and it looks like the episode number is the same for the whole week. As a test I made a copy of the xml modifying it giving each day its own episode number and pointed Emby to it. As soon as I added the series Emby showed that it was ready to record the full week. So I guess I'll try to contact SD and see if this is something they can correct on their end.

My question is - Why does the following option "Don't record episodes that are already in my library" seem to be ignored in this situation? Am I not understanding this option correctly?

5de71b345381d_options.jpg

Thanks

My question is - Why does the following option "Don't record episodes that are already in my library" seem to be ignored in this situation?

Only thing I can think of is the episode numbers are presented in the xml in a way that the server can't parse the values. That would explain why your program list above doesn't have episode numbers. In order for that feature to work, season and episode numbers need to be present.