Photo

Having trouble with recordings in 4.3.30

Best Answer wangbo , 03 December 2019 - 01:49 AM

found the problem and evidently I'm not the only one having this issue with the time settings on a QNAP this link is to the QNAP site forum discussion which will affect the recordings irregardless of settings

https://forum.qnap.c...p?f=25&t=149306 for those following this discussion pay particular attention to the statement regarding hitting apply and not update as hitting update returns you to the problematic NTP server don't know if any other brand s of NAS are seeing this too but wouldn't hurt to check.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 wangbo OFFLINE  

wangbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Local time: 11:50 AM

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:19 PM

Something that has started on my DVR setup is that i have the shows set to start recording before i had it set for 1 before and 1 after but added a minute to be 2 before and 1 after because all my recordings were suddenly starting 2 minutes after aa show started now is still 1 minute to 30 seconds late is this issue related to the TVDB issue and if so is it going to be fixed soon? Or is this something else going on I'm having to use the HDHomerun and ChannelsDVR to make sure i get the whole shows right now so am double and triple recording the same show then checking and going with the most complete both of the other programs I'm using are starting on time. The first thing I checked was whether my QNAP server time was correct as after the 4.4.1 update it for some reason was off by 2 minutes late but this time it is correct since i reset it to the correct time. One thing i did notice was that the QNAP time setting was using NTP.org when i disabled that and manually set the time has since maintained correct time. Makes me wonder if there is a issue with NTP.org site and if so is this causing the EMBY recording issue just tossing a few ideas and hoping for a quick resolution. As Always thanks for your assistance.      

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142522 posts
  • Local time: 12:50 PM

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:34 AM

Hi, so you're saying that they're off by one minute?

#3 wangbo OFFLINE  

wangbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:22 AM

1 minute to a minute and a half it cuts off the first part of a show irregardless of being set to start 1 or 2 minutes before haven't tried setting for 5 minutes before as a radical test but if 2 minutes before scheduled show starts should have at least the commercials between 2 shows and it isn't i end up missing the first minute to 1 minute and a half of show

#4 wangbo OFFLINE  

wangbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:49 AM   Best Answer

found the problem and evidently I'm not the only one having this issue with the time settings on a QNAP this link is to the QNAP site forum discussion which will affect the recordings irregardless of settings

https://forum.qnap.c...p?f=25&t=149306 for those following this discussion pay particular attention to the statement regarding hitting apply and not update as hitting update returns you to the problematic NTP server don't know if any other brand s of NAS are seeing this too but wouldn't hurt to check.

• Luke likes this

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142522 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:21 AM

@wangbo thanks for the info !

#6 wangbo OFFLINE  

wangbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:45 AM

Luke is it possible to set EMBY where it uses its own connection to a NTP source to hopefully keep this from happening again I think that my HDHomerundvr and ChannelsDVR us their own and doesn't rely on the QNAP provided one because it doesn't seem to be affecting them.

#7 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142522 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:53 PM

Hi, we don't currently have any options for that, but I suppose it's possible for the future. Although even still, I think it makes the most sense to get the local time from the system.

#8 wangbo OFFLINE  

wangbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:25 AM

K but never hurts to ask. I did submit a trouble ticket with QNAP regarding this and got a reply back they state that they are aware and have the developers working on it but don't know if the fix will make it into the next update but until then they suggest that i set my NTP server update to every hour to compensate and reduce the time drift  so I'm putting this out there for info purposes for any others encountering this. Hope it helps others. This is the latest update to the QNAP and if i hear anything new will update here if alright with you.

#9 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142522 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:41 AM

I believe that's a good idea, thanks !

#10 wangbo OFFLINE  

wangbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted Today, 02:42 AM

Got a Message regarding the time issue from QNAP today stating that the new update 4.4.1.1146 is supposed to fix this issue now so will keep an eye on it for a couple of days and report if seems to have fixed the problem

#11 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142522 posts

Posted Today, 03:33 AM

Great, thanks for the info. Let us know how that goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users