LG app for NetCAST and WebOS3 USB download

SteelCat

SteelCat

Hi,

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

Searched through Simon J. Hogans post and the general Emby App for WebOS thread but no luck. All the links that are posted are neither working anymore or do not contain the files I can use.

Let me explain my issue: I have two LG Smart TV at home. One is an older 2013 model still with NetCAST and the other is newer with WebOS 3.0. I read on the forum that an official app for Web OS has been released in LG store (to be honest) haven't checked it on WebOS but I cannot find it on NetCAST. 

Is there any way I can get the installation files and instructions for manual USB install. I can however use the native DLNA client but fast forward does not work. Also there is a problem with subtitle encoding with out letter (Č, Š, and Ž).

Thank you for you help.

Regards,

Steel

P.S: Used PLEX before, but it has a problem now on my NetCAST with viewing files and subtitles do not work if played via Synology (CPU not strong enough for Transcoding) . The work on the PC doe. Emby does not have this issues. 

Hi, we don't have a USB download at this time, but we will be submitting the app to LG for Netcast compatibility very soon. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
SteelCat

Hi,

any updates on the Net Cast app for older 2013 models of LG TV?

Recently the Smart Share app on the TV is giving me trouble. It keeps loading (buffering) and more and more just freezes mid movie with an error "The file is not supported". When that happens it doesn't even remember where it stopped, so I have to fast forward and then usually goes on.

At first I thought that is my network or that I have a corrupted file for that particular series, but now it doing the same with just downloaded pieces. I searched the net and I saw a couple of quite old topics about some profile issues, but since they are all from 2018 I didn't read on. 

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Steel

SteelCat

Hello,

as I mentioned above I'm having issues with playback of videos within the LG SmartShare App. Before I was getting an error after some minutes displayed on TV "File type not supported". Now it's just freezes.

I usually try to remedy this with pressing PAUSE or STOP, to let the TV buffer a bit (it never did that before), and it usually just exits the Smart Share App or even reboots
After coming back to the App the server on my PC (I have two on the network, different ports) is not detected for cca 5-6 sek, until the new "stay alive message is broadcast-ed.

That was the only way that I could remedy the situation, where my PC server was not detected even after 15-20 min.

Could it be TV? That something overloads it, or its my connection or settings. The only think I remembered that I changed was installing a new FW (ESET Endpoint Security), but tested it with FW feature turned off and it not helping.

I'll try to play some other movies / series with or without external subtitles and see if quality of picture and sound could be the issue.
The connection between PC and TV is a CAT 5E cable and a 1GB switch in between. 

If it can hep I can post some logs. If its requires to enable some deep diagnostic feature let me know how and I'll do it.

Tnx in advance. 

Regards,

Steel

Edited by SteelCat

SteelCat

HI,

example of what, video?

You mean that I cut out let's say a minute or two and then upload it here?

Yes sure, I'll cut it tomorrow and upload it here, is a bit late ATM where I live. :) 

Regards,

Steel

Edited by SteelCat

SteelCat

Hi,

I guest it will be a little harder that I thought. All the part are in mkv containers. The video is marked as MPEG-4p-10/AVC-H.264 video clip, and together it contains a separate audio file and a lot of subtitles in different languages. I cannot seem to be able to upload a screen shot from mkvtoolnix  :(

1. How do I get only video from a .mkv container so I can cut it with Boilsoft or similar software?

2 Can I post the link where I got the files and some1 downloads them and do the analysis?

3. I reinstalled PLEX that I had before switching to Emby do to a transcending issues and the the movie plays without issue there.

So either its my TV or it's some setting in Emby that overloads something.

Regards, Steel

HI,

example of what, video?

You mean that I cut out let's say a minute or two and then upload it here?

Yes sure, I'll cut it tomorrow and upload it here, is a bit late ATM where I live. :)

Regards,

Steel

Edited by SteelCat

SteelCat

I just mean discussion of an example using the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. I don't think we need a sample video yet at this stage. Thanks.

Sorry, tnx for link, I will provide you with the necessary information. I watched part 6 just now and no issues, but I would like to sent you logs from the last 4 day anyway,

because I would like to know what was the problem, if possible. I couldn't find the attach button so I uploaded it to OneDrive:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApA7qVoYcUnp32zJO2fbg1K4PA_Z?e=nEqd2s  

A short description is: 

I normally watch movies / series on my LG 47LA6208 TV. The OS is still NetCAST so I'm using the TV's native SmartShare App ,Where my Emby server is shown as a detected DLNA device. 

Recently I experienced sluggishness of the interface, buffering during playback and in the last few days even random crashing of playback or the app itself.

My best possible description of issue would be that the video stops playing either after a couple of minutes and displays an error (on the TV) - media type not supported of freezes and the TV reboots if I press anything on the remote STOP, PAUSE,...) no errors are displayed.

As I mentioned above the only thing I know that I changed on the computer was installing a new FW, but after a few days I disabled the FW feature. 

Version of Emby server: 4.4.0.40

Connection TV / PC: Gigabit switch and 2x CAT 5E cables.

Thank you.

Regards,

Steel

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, jools72 said:

I still can't find any emby app for my 2013 LG TV. Is it not released yet?

Not yet but we are working on it.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
Oskat

Hi, I really like Emby a lot, it is impressive, as well as excellent work from this community and its administrators.

But I am also still waiting for a version for my 2013 LG 3D TV, I just changed the LEDs. I have a fantastic image on the screen and I wish I could use the full potential of the Emby interface in it.

Any alternative to be able to load the Emby interface on these LG devices?

Regards

SteelCat
17 hours ago, Oskat said:

Hi, I really like Emby a lot, it is impressive, as well as excellent work from this community and its administrators.

But I am also still waiting for a version for my 2013 LG 3D TV, I just changed the LEDs. I have a fantastic image on the screen and I wish I could use the full potential of the Emby interface in it.

Any alternative to be able to load the Emby interface on these LG devices?

Regards

Hi Oskat,

I believe you are not the only one waiting for it. But I think we will have to be patient a little bit more, if LG is still releasing stuff for it's old OS. 🤔
Plex for instance stopped support for this kind of OS just recently so it not looking good. I get basic functionality with the in-built DLNA agent that is present on all LG TV's (Smart Share).

So until and if Emby gets released on Netcast you can you that, the issues you will encounter for sure are: fast forward not working on some titles, subtitles not displaying all characters if you live in a country that has special ones (like I do), and from time time to time the movie will buffer in the middle or stopped playing and you will have to start over. I have LG  47LA6208. 

Regards,
  Steel

P.S: There is an alternative app. out there, but it not as far developed as Emby is. If you want to know more, contact me via PM.

• 7 months later...