Vertical home menu

kingsphan71

kingsphan71

I know it exists, but where?  I can not locate any setting in the SETTINGS --->Home screen section

I can not find the setting to change it from horizontal to a vertical menu.

Where is this feature located?

Also, once switched on,  will this translate to my TV screen or does it just apply to browsers?

thanks!

5de54d749a760_embyserverwindowsscreensho

HI there, I think you're referring to Emby Theater's horizontal vs vertical home screen setting. Is that correct?

kingsphan71

I think <_< not sure.

So you need to run Emby on a windows box in order to see this vertical home screen?

Theater is only avail on Windows, right?[[

im running Emby on Freenas

Edited by kingsphan71

Hi. The image above is from our Android TV app.

Is it that side-bar you are looking for?  That is an Android TV concept that is still in the app (for now) but turned off by default.  If you want it on, turn on the "Fast Lane" option in the app settings.

• Like 1

What are you talking about exactly? The contents of the android home screen scroll vertically. There are individual sections and those will scroll horizontally.

kingsphan71

No, all of our apps use the vertical home screen design now. What exactly are you referring to? 

Just saw this post.  All of them do? I would like to have the vertical home screen menu on my Nvidia Shield, and my Shield connected to my TV..  Note My:  emby server  is not on my Shield just the app is.

kingsphan71

What are you talking about exactly? The contents of the android home screen scroll vertically. There are individual sections and those will scroll horizontally.

Right now my Movies, TV, LIVE TV, etc links are at the top of my home screen in horizontal fashion.  I would like them in vertical format like in the screen shot above.

again, thanks the help

Hi.  The screen shot you showed does not have those items scrolling vertically...

The vertical list is just the exact same list as the rows that are on that screen.

And, BTW - the Shield runs on Android TV so that is our Android TV app.

Does that clear it up?

kingsphan71

This is what it looks like in my browser and on my TV screen.

I would my COLLECTION, TV, MOVIES,, etc. links to be in the vertical5de55b01e785f_Clipboard01.jpg format

Okay, we don't currently have an option for that (and never have).  I think you mis-interpreted the screen shot you saw to be that.

Thanks.

kingsphan71

Okay, we don't currently have an option for that (and never have).  I think you mis-interpreted the screen shot you saw to be that.

Thanks.

ok thanks.  Looking back at the first screen shot, I dont believe I was really clear in my question.  Again, thanks for your time.