Weird episode sorting

Stankia

I also noticed that duplicate episodes are not showing up anymore. Sometimes I have 720p and 1080p versions of the same episode but now Emby just randomly picks one to display.

I also noticed that duplicate episodes are not showing up anymore. Sometimes I have 720p and 1080p versions of the same episode but now Emby just randomly picks one to display.

They are being grouped as multi-version, but this is going to be a problem for Emby for WMC since it doesn't support that yet. Have you checked out our Emby Theater app?

https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

It is designed to fully replace WMC. Thanks !

• 3 years later...
12 hours ago, Stankia said:

Same problem again. Anyone have an idea how to fix it?

HI there, can you please describe your issue in more detail and provide a specific example? Thanks.

@Stankia

The episode sorting has been problematic at times in the WMC/EMC look at the following discussion and see at the various ideas especially the sorting field in the meta data manager and see if that doesn't fix it.

• 3 weeks later...
throgmorton

Yeah its been wonky in WMC for a while, I essentially wrote a python script to add the <SortTitle>01 - Episode Title</SortTitle> tag to XMLs to properly sort by episode number as opposed to alphabetical by title.  

13 hours ago, throgmorton said:

Yeah its been wonky in WMC for a while, I essentially wrote a python script to add the <SortTitle>01 - Episode Title</SortTitle> tag to XMLs to properly sort by episode number as opposed to alphabetical by title.  

Whoa.... blast from the past.  Hope you are well, Throg.

throgmorton
9 hours ago, ebr said:

Whoa.... blast from the past.  Hope you are well, Throg.

Yeah doing well!  Don't check the forums often at all as everything has been working well, but its a struggle to keep WMC running on Windows 10 these days...  So I finally given up and switched to Kodi with the Emby backend a few days ago.  So was just checking forums for info as I haven't really used Kodi at all...  Obviously looking at the code a bit to make my theme tweaks :)

Anyways I hope you and your family is doing well.

• Like 1