Getting Error msg when trying to reset admin password.

Rayon

I can't access the admin account so I tried the Forgot Password link on the Sign In page.

Forgot Password

Please try again within your home network to initiate the password reset process.

So, what does it mean and how do I reset the admin password?

Emby is up to date.

Well no I'm not connecting from the same machine, it's running on the Synology NAS. The computer I'm connecting from is on the same network. So I am assuming that it is the home network.

Hmm, so the question is why that would be detected as out of network. Are you using Synology quick connect? or are you running a vpn?

When you access from the computer, are you using the local lan address of the server?

quick connect works, I can log in as user, but I can't reset admin password. It gives me the same error msg.

The VPN is not running.

I am connecting from the icon I put on the synology DSM desktop, but only to a user. And only 'My Media' loads, recents and the others don't show up on main page. I get a spinny circle thing.

I just went into settings for user and reset all the home screen stuff and now it displays instead of the spinny circle.

Edited by Rayon

Can you try turning off quick connect, then restarting emby server and see if you're able to reset the password? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...