Fast forward and Rewind (Netflix Style)

STR8

I was wondering if it was a setting or something as it seems all of the tv shows show the chapters (like Netflix) when rewinding and fast forwarding and not all movies but some. So what will need to be done to get this feature to work on all of my content?

Is it because the movies and tv shows are new libraries (had to redo my entire tv library after the update) meaning this will only work on or with new libraries and if so how can I get it to work on my old libraries without repopulating them all over again?

Hey Luke I checked the thumbnail settings like you asked and here is what was checked and the time for creating them on the working tv shows library and the movie library. I changed the settings and made them the same as you see here for all libraries 1080p movies, 4k movies, stand up etc... none work other then these 2 libraries.

Unless I need to change something else or am I looking in the wrong place again thanks for your help.

post-392507-0-67792300-1575269107_thumb.jpg

post-392507-0-59836300-1575269147_thumb.jpg

Hi.  Creating thumbs for all your videos is something that can take quite a while and we limit when and how long the task can run each day.  It could just be that it isn't finished yet.

Also might be a stupid question but if I may ask what is the Scheduled thumbnail image extraction for... is that related to what we are talking about here for Chapter and Rewind/fast forward creation?

• 7 months later...
CogyG

Hi Guys, 

Can i break in this topic?

I have a similair question:

I have a thumbnail image extraction setting on chapter, and most of my movies have chapters with image, but some movie''s don''t.

I have ran the thumbnail image extraction scan, but it doesnt find the other movies

Also there is no failurescan text in metadata map

Have you checked to see if a BIF file resides in the media directory of the move/show?

CogyG
On 7/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, cayars said:

Have you checked to see if a BIF file resides in the media directory of the move/show?

I removed the bif file and did a new scan.

everything is perfect now.

thank you sir

• Like 1