Server Admin User Issue

Pstump

Hey, i dont know what to do, my server simply taked out all the admin setting of my principal account, suddently, i cant administrate my server, not even by the server icon, going in the configurate server

is there any way to put the manage server option in script or force the server changing some option files someting like that?

no, absolutly not, i check now and discovered it simply inverted ALL users config, the users that cannot control the server, is configured to control and manage, and the user( one in case) who has the manage option was deactivated, i entered in another account and eddited one by one.... wtf just happen?

Happy2Play

Never heard of this happening on any stable or beta build.  Are all accounts password protected?

Edited by Happy2Play

What you'll need to do is shutdown the server, then go into the server's program data folder, then from there go down into /config/users and then open each policy.xml file and enable administrator access.

like i said, the server inverted te config for each user so i manage to config de server using these user of the tv, and worked and reconfigured all users one by one is everything fine now, but it was realy strange... and i have sure that was not some person who did it

i have only one acrtive member that use my server beside me, and even he does not have admin permission, no one have admin, and the server has no log of any login, and every single user was perfectly inverted, and i have control on who connects to my server, someone should have entered my server and scripted these changes, and at least should be registered the connection etc etc

should not, have more than a week, what log should have user settings changes? o will check but i dont know what log, logs that

There is just the server log.  But you'll need to know exactly when these changes occurred.  Do you know that?

like i said, max one week but i dont know the exact day, i`m reading the logfiles, but like i said, the emby shows the last connection, and there wasnt any recet connection besides mine

i have absolutly no strange or ankown connection to my server registered, the only one who can have one IDEIA on how to change theses setting, is my best friend, and he would not do that, doent have acess to that, and not even have pacient to do that, and the last connection was like more than a month, i have sure, that by the web base interface, no one made that change, i dont know what was but, is resolved, i will keep looking every day, the user setting to monitor these, and the strange part is, only these setting was changed... with no reason, so strange...

What you'll need to do is shutdown the server, then go into the server's program data folder, then from there go down into /config/users and then open each policy.xml file and enable administrator access.

Did you try this?

Like i said i didnt need that, i resolved that using one of the non admin acount that was changed automatic and remade the user config, user by user, but i wanna give you some feedback of these to see some possible bug, i have resolved it, i will watch it closelly, if something come along i will post here, but in the mean wile if you emby adm etc wanna something to look about i can give yo you but for me for now is ok, i just hope that does not happen again kkkk