Spacebar pauses and loads up profile (4.3.0.30)

BloodyIron

BloodyIron

Just upgraded to 4.3.0.30, watching through my browser (videos), and press spacebar to pause, but it also triggers the equivalent of me clicking on my profile logo.

This happens every time, even after stopping and starting the video.

Looks like a focus/context issue here :(

BloodyIron

Um is there any way I can do this without going through your servers? I intentionally use Emby so it's all internal.

Hi, just tested and I'm not able to reproduce. Can you try the online web app:

http://app.emby.media

How does that compare?

It doesn't go through our servers, and I'm pretty positive we've had this same conversation before.

BloodyIron

Please forgive my faulty memory ;P I'll try it shortly, hold please.

It doesn't go through our servers, and I'm pretty positive we've had this same conversation before.

BloodyIron

Just tried it with that URL, same thing. Spacebar opens up the User Profile menu (right side) ... display/home screen/playback/etc... D:

I can not reproduce this either. Pressing space bar will pause the media and bring up the OSD. 

Spacebar does seem to change it's control though. Sometimes it will scroll through content and other times it will select content.

Edit:

This is an  interesting thing happen though.

If I'm on the Web app home screen and press 'spacebar' it will choose the first library at the top of the screen (ex. "Movies").

However, If I choose an item from either Continue Watching, or NextUp media, and view the details page for that item.. Then press the spacebar, it will open the first library (ex. Movies) from the home screen..

Whereas the expected behavior would be to start playing the media item.

Edited by chef

BloodyIron

So this might be related to the browser I'm using, which is Vivaldi, and is a Chromium derivative. I tried with Chrome, did not have the issue, but do have it with Vivaldi.

I generally only use Vivaldi, for many reasons, so I recommend you try it with that please. :)

• 3 months later...
BloodyIron

Thus-far I've only observed it in Vivaldi. I do not observe the issue to affect other sites such as youtube, udemy or whatnot (while still in vivaldi) so I do believe this is exclusive to vivaldi + emby's web interface. Perhaps the focus methods used by Emby aren't quite the same as other web HTML5 players, or something like that?

BloodyIron

That's really weird.

I normally use my Desktop for this, but I just switched to my laptop and saw the same issue immediately.

Both systems (clients, using the web interface for Emby) are on Ubuntu 19.04. Are you testing on Windows? Because I don't run Windows at all really, perhaps try it on Linux/Ubuntu 19.04 if you haven't yet.

Is there anything else I can provide that might help?

BloodyIron

Can you try it on Ubuntu please? Chromebook is not on parity with Ubuntu, and I have been able to demonstrate this effect on two completely separate computers. Really not sure how to better demonstrate this :/

It's resolved for the next update but let's be clear, this is a defect in the Vivaldi browser.

• Like 1

BloodyIron

Yes you've already outlined that, thanks. Just wasn't sure which version the appropriate fix was in.

Happy2Play

Yes you've already outlined that, thanks. Just wasn't sure which version the appropriate fix was in.

I would assume when the patch update is pushed for stable release.  As there is another topic.

• Like 1