XBMC shutdown hanging because of XBMB3C

saitoh183

I think a new one is best. It is best to use methods for the purpose they're documented for. If you rely on undocumented behavior it's just going to cause pain later if it gets removed or changed.

It's documented purpose was to notify the client of session updates. It was optimized to notify in an event driven manner when changes occur, instead of brute force notification on a timer. Remote control clients have not reported any problems. So if you're doing other things like this with the api it's best to just tell me so that i can give you something specific for what you need.

Right, i can easily make a ping listener for you. Anytime you send it a message, it will immediately respond back. Will that work?

• Like 1

xnappo

I can confirm that this fixes the shutdown issue.  Playback still works, and stop control works - however pause did not work for me.  Note that I have never tested the remote control options before now, so ....

xnappo

xnappo

Okay, in that case from what I can tell you have nailed it.

xnappo

jasonmcroy

I just wanted to add in here that I just downloaded the plugin from git and I too can confirm it is closing as normal now. 

I actually figured out as well that I had two other plugins installed that when I disabled those, closing XBMC is now down to 4 seconds to close when before (without your plugin enabled) it was still taking from 8 to 20 seconds to close. 

So, all is good here!

Thanks for all you do to maintain and constantly improve this plugin!

-Jason

• Like 2

saitoh183

I can confirm also it seems to be working!...Thanks!

• Like 1

steve1977

I can confirm that this fixes the shutdown issue.  Playback still works, and stop control works - however pause did not work for me.  Note that I have never tested the remote control options before now, so ....

xnappo

Thanks, I am still facing the issue, which is probably because it has not been pushed to master yet? Any ETA?

xnappo

Our repo or the XBMC repo? It will be a while until another XBMC repo release, but @@im85288 can update ours if he hasn't already.

xnappo