XBMC shutdown hanging because of XBMB3C

saitoh183

saitoh183

So it seems that XBMC hangs because of XBMB3C. Without the addon installed, shutdown is fast, with it installed it hangs.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=224444 (Line 756)

Eventually it closes but sometimes it takes a few minutes. In the log, this time it took about 2mins compared to when there is no addon...it takes seconds.

MrWebsmith

this ive seen as well but i think the devs already know about it... thanks for posting though so it is seen by others experiencing this issue.

saitoh183

We think this is fixed in the Git.

xnappo

I will download and test and post back

jasonmcroy

I am having the same issue. It varies between 30 seconds to a minute. Uninstalling the plugin shut down is instant.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Ok, I just got home and installed the git version. Now it only takes from 6-10 seconds to close XBMC.

Edited by jasonmcroy

xnappo

@ - I am seeing the same log with latest git.

Lots of search hits on similar XBMC issues...

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

Is your test machine your MB3 server? Mine is not. At any rate I can reproduce, so if you have anything to try, or a list of things I can iterate.

xnappo

saitoh183

I uninstalled the Git version - made sure the folder was gone from addon. Reinstalled the Git version, restarted XBMC. I'm still getting the same error.

When you say stop the websocket client, do you mean under Services>Websocket Remote?

Edit: NVM, misunderstood what you said. Redownloading the Git Version.

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183
@

Here is some update on the issue. I noticed in the Media Browser server, under advanced>Server that there is a port number assigned to the Websocket (8945). If this helps, I'm not running the server as a service. I opened the port in my router. That seemed to clear the previous error 10060. But now it's showing a different error. The hang time has been reduced to about 1:30sec.

Here's the log:

saitoh183

Ah, I've been told that winsocket is native on Windows 8...I'm using windows 7.  :unsure:

SikSlayer

I've had this happen on both my Windows 7 HTPC, as well as my Windows 8 tablet. I didn't even suspect XBMB3C until I saw this thread and did some testing.

Good to see you're on the right track to fixing it.

Edited by SikSlayer

Right but what I've said before, you were using it for a purpose for which it was not documented or intended. I'm still not even clear as to what the problem is, but it sounds like to need to figure out how to send the close handshake message to the server in order to get the connection to close.

well not with the sessions but i could do a pint version that will just send an empty message on an interval. still, it's forcing the server to worry about what is a client problem, so it's not really a good thing.